IGNORED

Motorman's Build

motorman7

14 minutes ago, siteunseen said:

When you say choke plate are you talking about the one Art Singer makes?

No, this console has the early choke set-up.  There is a large aluminum colored plate and a guide plate underneath.  Unfortunately, I do't have any pictures.  I do however have a spare large aluminum colored plate along with a bunch oother random parts.  

11 minutes ago, AZ-240z said:

Hi Rich,

Truly amazing work on a beautiful car.  My car looking in a mirror.  is this the plastic battery cover you are looking for?

If so, send me a mailing address and its yours.

Dan

Plastic Battery Cover 001.JPG

Yes, would love that!   Thanks so much.   Will send PM with address.

1 hour ago, black gold man said:

Get the dash keep radio and resale dash. http://charlotte.craigslist.org/pts/5634240193.html

My daughter lives in Charlotte so would be easy to pick-up, but probably have to let it go.

I do have the antenna switch and some off brand Radio.  I may try and replicate a close copy of the faceplate with my 3-D printer and see if I can get it to look close to original.  

So I 3-D printed a Radio Faceplate Blank.  I will probably leave this in for the short term until I can figure out what I am going to do with the Radio.  I may try to print one that looks like the original radio faceplate.  Won't help me much without the radio though, but it does give me some options.

faceplate blank.jpg

Heater CTRL panel.jpg

10 minutes ago, siteunseen said:

I finally drank enough beer to get up the nerve to paint the lettering on my face plate.  The paint pen @psdenno recommended works great.  I'm going to put a couple of coats over the next day or two.

Nice job!  All you need is a silver Sharpie, a steady hand, and balls the size of watermelons.  The silver on my center console has held up well for a few years now with no sign of wear or flaking.

Dennis

• Like 1