IGNORED

Rebuilt E31 Race Head

gundee

This rebuilt head has been ported and refitted with 280Z stainless steel valves.

Said to have been done originally by Rebello. You know what these cost.

I am about to take this to the machine shop and have seats converted to unleaded fuel

to use on my own L28 if nobody buys it.

No. 6 cylinder was welded and repaired at one time.

More photos on request.

$600 plus shipping.

IMG_20160517_143255.jpg

Nope Brass. Already checked. Don't know why. The owner is deceased and his friend that helped him out at the track alot

is not 100% sure of the original Builder.

I do know who rebuilt it though. They build all kinds of race heads and blocks.

On another note I did take my N42 apart and it has steel seats. That means its a 76 head and I thought

it was a 75 N42 head.

Also, If anyone here wants it I will pay for any shipping.

Edited by Lumens
shipping note

I'd show some pictures of the port work.  Even better, post pictures of stock ports alongside for comparison.  Maybe even some measurements, like of the intake port diameters.  You've raised the question of Rebello provenance (sorry, been watching Antique Roadshow) so some pictures might help you out.  Plus, I'd like to see them.

• 2 weeks later...

The price stated, even for an N42 head (as opposed to an E31) is well under market value. If flat and un-cracked a very good buy.

I have one of Dave's N42 heads on a full race 3.2L engine (13.7:1 CR) and it sure didn't cost $600.

The back-up L28 race engine has the original Bob Sharp E31 head and we had a spare made up to the same specs. That ended up costing 10 times the asking price of the head being offered above.

• Like 1