IGNORED

Performance pads

Vipergts

An Auto-x pad should work without needing to be warmed up much but then they won't last very long on a track. Why not just get some track pads and use them? You need a lap to get the tires (and driver) warmed up anyway. I use Carbotech pads and shoes and I've been very happy with them.

Chuck

I'd suggest contacting PMB Performance in Sandy Utah. Eric did an amazing how-to on brake caliper rebuilding. I am sure he would suggest Porterfield R4S pads as they are a good combination of street and autocross or track. They bite right out of the garage and have very little noise and dust. He can even get you the shoes if you're still using the drum rear brakes.

Eric is a heck of a guy and he will ship internationally to you. Tell him Rob from Classic Z sent you and he may sweeten the deal.

As OP is in UK. He should be able to source Mintex or Ferodo HP pads easily there. Ferodo DS2500 seem to be a popular dual purpose pad ( HP Street and Autocross )  over there. I would check those out first.  Hawk HPS are also a good street pad and Autocross pad.  I'm not a big fan of EBC pads, although they seem to be quite popular in the UK and Europe.

OP also has to decide what he is going to do. Either you are going to run Track Days ( on a Road Race track ) or you're not.  If you are, then get a dedicated set of REAL Road Race  pads and only run those on the track as previously suggested. .   Note: Autocross is  NOT the same thing as track days and a decent set of HP Street pads will suffice.

Here is just one major supplier of Ferodo pads in the UK:

Edited by Chickenman

I agree with Chickenman. The OP should have street pads/shoes for the street/race and race pads for the track. Get new race pads/shoes and new rotors/drums. Bed in the pads/shoes with the new rotors/drums and use that for the track and swap everything back for use on the street. I installed new pads, rotors, shoes and drums at the track on Friday and it didn't take long.

Chuck

It used to be that you could drive around outside the track (still on track property - not on a real road) and bed in your new pads, but that hasn't been possible as they moved to a 10mph requirement. That leaves going out in practice or worst in a qualifying race group riding the pedal for awhile and if you have Porterfield pads getting them to slide under harder braking to set them. Not a feeling I like to have too often.

Edited by gnosez

Is there a problem with EBC pads?  I come from the motorcycle community and those are basically the gold standard.  I also run EBC rotors and yellow stuff pads on my tow rigs and couldn't be happier.  Top tip: using high performance rotors and pads on the wifes car prevents her from rear ending other cars, I've used EBC for that too.  I cant say i have run EBC on autocross or a car racing application though.

Thanks Guys

Ferrodo Don't do pads for our cars but I found the UK supplier of Hawk. 

Checkenman you preempted my next question which was to ask if Hawk are any good

I've gone for HPS which should suit fast road well. Just want a bit more bite as the car is now running 250bhp so about 245 more than it had std ;)

2 hours ago, Vipergts said:

Thanks Guys

Ferrodo Don't do pads for our cars but I found the UK supplier of Hawk. 

Checkenman you preempted my next question which was to ask if Hawk are any good

I've gone for HPS which should suit fast road well. Just want a bit more bite as the car is now running 250bhp so about 245 more than it had std ;)

Ferodo used to have them. I had Ferodo in my own 240Z. The 240Z and the Triumph TR6 take the same brake pad.

Maybe they have discontinued that particular pad.