IGNORED

Let's build us a club race car ?

Caen Fred

Fred, you are more of a manipulator than I suspected - at least it's more lighthearted than the last thread you started !

Put me down for 50USD just to prove I've a bigger mouth and I puts my money where it is !

But what the heck clour (s) are we gonna paint it and will it be LH or RH drive and then where will the hadbrake be ?

Turbo or normally aspirated, period or prepared with a little modern upgrading ?

Questions !!!

If we use my existing project, the car is already painted yellow. I've got an L28 (needs a rebuild) and a set of triple Miks. It has adjustable Tokico Illuminas as well as polyurethane bushings.

Just need things like a roll-cage, strut bars, interior, and any modifications necessary. The engine is probably the biggest item to get done soon.

I think that part of the fun and interets here would be the discussion of what would be the ultimate club car, for those of us who actually build them.

Lets try starting out deciding what we will need and try to figure what the budget would be to build such an ultimate machine.

I would assume that we will be starting with the early 240Z chasis. Then we would want a late block (p series) perhaps with mild overbore to get a decent 3 liters on flat tops.

N42 head (cheap, available and square ports and decent compression with flat tops)?

Carbs (webers, holley????)?

4spd 5 spd gear set?

r180 r200 LSD, locked, torsen?

coil overs (of course)

custom cage ($$ go in style and safety)

2 seats

aluminum radiator

fuel cell

?????

What other dreams can we spend our imaginary (or real) cash on?

Without the roll cage, I know this car - it's mine and on the road in August !

Dellortos are easier to keep in tune than Webers AND I agree that it should be a Z engine.

An R200 LSD and don't forget to raid the NISMO shelves, Tokicos ? What brake set up ? Wilwoods and rear Ford Cosworth discs ?

8x16 wheels (no flared fenders? - I like the IMSA look) but what tyres ?

Comp ratio of 9 (9.5) - 1 ?

If one were building the super Z, what would be the pros and cons of using an L28 block with flat-top pistons instead of the later ZX block with an earlier head? I know that the later block has some improvements (stronger, siamesed cylinders etc) but does it have any shortcomings?

Anybody know?