IGNORED

sweatys rebuild

sweatybetty

11 hours ago, wheee! said:

Inspirational as I head into paint and body...

i think you will find that body and paint is going to be a B-itch, unless you have a pro do it for you (BIG $$$). i have found that i personally can not do perfect work. i possibly could, but i would spend the next 3-4 years getting there, and drive myself insane in the process. so, there is a point where you say "i can live with that". my paint has flaws, many of them may never be seem by your average guy. but, i know where they are, and i can live with them

a very good site to learn is here http://www.autobody101.com/forums/

On 3/13/2017 at 11:01 PM, sweatybetty said:

i have found that i personally can not do perfect work. i possibly could, but i would spend the next 3-4 years getting there, and drive myself insane in the process

I tend to agree with this. I have a make shift booth but I still get some trash in my paint and have flaws. I will probably cut and buff when I'm done which will remove most of them. It is just really hard to get great professional results in a small shop with out a good booth and high end paint guns...

• Like 1

its been a good week to be sweaty! valve spring shims came in yesterday, and i got all the springs within .009 of the specs. so with that done...........

the head is finally on the block. i ordered lash caps today, and should have the exhaust system done this week end. hoping for a start-up by the following week-end. i cant wait to hear that camshaft  :victorious:

DSCN0159.JPG

DSCN0160.JPG

today was a great day to be sweaty!!

msa exhaust came yesterday. got the header wrapped and the rest of it installed today. this is just the basic system and everything fit just like it should. here is a pic with the O2 bungs and pcv bung welded in

DSCN0167.JPG

header wrapped and intake installed

DSCN0171.JPG

carbs and air cleaners on. all im waiting on is lash pads and it'll be ready to fire up

DSCN0179.JPG

• Like 1

7 hours ago, madkaw said:

Pcv bung. So your engine will be burning oil from day one- doesn't seem right- ha!

Sent from my iPhone using Classic Zcar Club mobile

i cant remember where i picked up that idea, but it worked for the guy who did it. im going to add a small valve that will allow me to limit the vacuum. if it doesnt work it will be easy enough to plug it off. worth a shot