IGNORED

1973 Rebuild

Nope! First time. Just read a lot first.

I got a ton of flash rust over the last three weeks, so it's being blasted again and they are going to finish the welding for me and prime it. Then we will figure out the plan for paint. Depends on my cash flow.

Spent about $2,000 to blast it myself, the reblast will be about $700, so I saved $1,300, which is going toward the welding I would have done myself. In the end I am spending the same money I would have spent if I had just sent them the car in the first place. At least it's not more, I guess. Plus I have all these tools now.

Matt:

Nice progress.  Sorry about the blasting and flash rust frustrations.  When I did my car I always painted after blasting with an etching rattle can primer.  That way I never left the metal bare for very long.

I like the way you plumbed the shop.  I wanted to do something similar with mine but I was too lazy.  

Keep at it!

• 1 month later...

Been a while so here are some random pictures. The car is at the shop so there's not a ton happening.

IMG_6853.JPG

Started disassembling the struts last week. Finished today.

IMG_6813.JPG

Took the bald tires off the rims and hit them with some soapy water. Some elbow grease will have these in usable condition. Not sure if I should bother fixing the dings, though.

• 2 weeks later...