IGNORED

L28+(maxima)47 build

7 hours ago, 240260280 said:

That's an interesting list. Would be interesting, at least to me, to sort it by cheapest to maintain. I love a number of those cars but several of them can nickel and dime you to death.

For instance, I suspect maintenance on a twin turbo M-B engine gets pricey real quick even if you bought it cheap!

Sorry for the thread jack Steve

On 9/26/2020 at 7:20 AM, 240260280 said:

Thanks for sharing . All but one were made in the last 20 years . Jeez - I’m glad I’m faster than a 300 Chrysler - lol. 
Working on a diesel intake conversion for the motor . This will be interesting . Much .bigger and longer runners . I’m a month out from a dyno session

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Made it to the dyno today . Pretty happy with the numbers , but was happy before I ever saw them. The car is just a beast and fun . 
Did 226 rwhp and 226 torque . My stock n42 is choking the motor , but hopefully be solving that soon. 

64DC6025-56D2-44F7-B56D-07F09E4BC1E2.jpeg

59 minutes ago, Patcon said:

Cool!

Can you post up a summary of the engine specs and build in one post?

Sure - the thread topic is misleading at this point 

3.2 L  N42 block prepped by Rebello. 10.5:1 CR - 89mm bore kit . Which includes diesel crankshaft , Eagle rods , JE Pistons. He basically sent me the prepped parts and I assemble the motor . MN47 Maxima head with 44/35 Manley valves . Steve Bonk 535 lift cam , ISKY springs , retainers . BHJ damper . Kameari tensioner kit. 
Using a stock N42 intake with a 240sx TB . ECU is Megasquirt 3 - full sequential 42lbs injectors . D-585 COP ignition . 

The stock manifold was choking the engine and power started dropping at 5800rpm . Still was making 200 HP around 7k rpm . 
Torque peak was 4300 - again early , but the N42 has 31mm runners , so sucking through a straw. spacer.pngspacer.png

658406C0-9B71-4567-8016-3765A100F9C8.jpeg

Edited by madkaw
  • Like 3

5 hours ago, Patcon said:

So will you replace the intake? TBI?  or leave it alone?

Been working on a replacement for years - lol. I knew this intake would probably be a restriction - especially for NA . 
I have a Canon manifold that has been taper bored and drilled for bungs . Plenum needs to be welded on . Might use same throttle body for now . I also have a diesel intake getting converted to a manifold style fuel rail and injectors.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, madkaw said:

Been working on a replacement for years - lol. I knew this intake would probably be a restriction - especially for NA . 
I have a Canon manifold that has been taper bored and drilled for bungs . Plenum needs to be welded on . Might use same throttle body for now . I also have a diesel intake getting converted to a manifold style fuel rail and injectors.

How does the LD28 intake runner size compare to what you have now?

15 minutes ago, madkaw said:

LD runners are big - 35 MM. Also the longest of the L motors at almost 13” 

I knew they were long. I have 2 on hand, just didn't know how they compared. Would be interesting to see how the ld28 intake affected torque with the long runners