IGNORED

Suspension Redo!

Whoa, is that what I think it is.

Does that use the outer bolt to give the 71 and 70 year Z's a rear sway bar option!  Hold the phone!

so you would  need to drill One hold per side for the angle bracket then. that seems doable.

Edited by Zedyone_kenobi

Get an eight inch drill extension and you don't have to take anything apart......a two hour job at most. The second time around, I think I could do it in one hour.....but I've got a lift! :D You can see the instructions on their site. It makes a noticable difference in body roll......great for hard driveway turns.  :)

Now add one of these easy to install rear sway bars from Futofab and you'll have the whole package!

the biggest single improvement in handling on my 78 was a set of thicker sway bars - i gotta thank blue for that suggestion. the stockers are like hairpins in comparison.

body roll is gone, the thing just squats and bites in through chicanes and is so much fun to rip around in. i can only imagine the improvement of adding one entirely...

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

Update on my Z. The car has settled a tad but not much. Much of the gained ride height (which is one of the reasons I did this) has thankfully remained there.  Car still runs and drives beautifully. Getting her off ramps and up and down driveways is so much more pleasant. 

Unfortunately no good deed goes unpunished. I have developed a squeaky rear hatch.  Drives me nuts on what was a very squeak free (for a 40+ year old) car.  My seal is somewhat fresh and but when I push down on it, you can hear it.  Really needs to be fixed.

More on that later. Go out and drive those Z's, its October. It does not get any better than this.

More on that later. Go out and drive those Z's, its October. It does not get any better than this.

Maybe where you are.

High tomorrow here is 45 degrees and 48 degrees on Saturday.

I'm done for the year anyway. Was at a track event last week and now

its smoking antifreeze so head is coming off. A fresh rebuilt head will

be going on it this Spring. Snow starts in about one more month.

I need a heated garage.

We're still hitting 60s here in Colorado. Mornings in the 30s/40s. And I haven't driven her since March. At least she'll be ready by the spring, maybe a couple snowless winter drives with car wash afterwards.

Edited by 73str86