IGNORED

'72 240Z Rebuild

siteunseen

I talked with my machinist Monday morning about the bronze valve seats.  What a relief when he said he had a seat machine and thinks he still has some steel seats, both sides too for Nissan heads $5 each.  So a little more grinding then it's his. 

My header and 2.5" exhaust came in too.  MSA is still putting their 6 into 1 header in a shoebox and kicking them to my house, it was sticking out really bad but they got lucky.  I went over it last night with a flashlight and found 1 ding but I'm okay with it, $503 for both items.  Free shipping and 10% classiczcars discount. 

Broke out my 280 this weekend, I'd forgotten how good fuel injection is when it's right.

I love their products, but unimpressed with their costumer service.   The first story is absolutely ridiculous, that I haven't brought to the attention of the internet yet, and my second most recent purchase includes damaged exhaust from shipping.  Both without replies from my concerned emails.  It's almost time to let the cat out of the bag on story #1 ha.

They've got to have a warehouse full of damaged goods.  I sorta blame FedEx too, they shouldn't accept poorly prepared packages but I guess they get paid twice when we return stuff.

The salesman on this last header told me only their manifold stud kit would work with that header. Ridiculous but I fell for it the first time.  <_<

What do y'all think?  I've tried to get it as close to a P79 as I can.  It's not perfect by no means but I'm getting sick of grinding and polishing the combustion chambers.  I'm going to port match the head to the manifold tomorrow.  Then soda blast this weekend and give it to the machinist Monday, so I have time to make corrections that somebody can point out.

thanks for looking and critiquing 

Cliff

post-23570-0-01135900-1426027017_thumb.j

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Finally back working on the motor.  :)  I hate colds and cold weather.

Weighed my pistons today and the lightest is 384.5 grams which happens to be #1.  Number two weighs the most, 390.7g.  I'll get them all the same tomorrow.  I noticed how Nissan balanced them, ground a flat spot on the rod cap, so I'll do the same.  These are different from another set of 2.4s.  They're lighter and have smaller rod bolts.  In the picture you can see the 6 I'm using and  one off to the right that's from a different motor.  Also have the rear main seal from Nissan's part number and price, $31 out the door, but I'll have to reuse my nails.

Anyway glad to be greasy again, times a wastin'.  

post-23570-0-44826800-1426890216_thumb.j

post-23570-0-21349600-1426890249_thumb.j