IGNORED

1976 280Z Restoration Project

wheee!

I'll meter out the sending unit after I get it cleaned up properly. Hopefully it is still working correctly as it looks intact the throughout the electrical resistance windings.

The tank is one of those things that will haunt me if I can't repair or replace it. All the work of a complete restoration but still leaving a damaged tank installed would kill me! Even if I couldn't see it. Hopefully the Texas unit I asked about will be in good shape and reasonable price to get here. It is listed as an "A" class part....

• Like 1

I'd be interested in seeing the sending unit after it comes out of the CLR and is cleaned up. I have one that I haven't dealt with yet. It still moves and the wires appear intact. Not quite as crusty as yours.

I'll put pictures up as soon as it is out and cleaned up. Along with metering results.

Edited by wheee!

I spent a little time on the fuel pump too. I got it running this spring with a few whacks on the side but I wasn't sure how good of a shape it was in.

Hooked it up on my workbench to the power supply and pumped a bucket of CLR through it. Ran like a top! Nice smooth whirrr and strong stream pressure. Didn't disassemble it but inserted the end of the pressurized air line blower into the intake end and blew all the remaining fluids out. A lot came out... I then blew air in reverse of the flow and NOTHING! Check valve works great!

This is great news as I think the pump is solid!

I have pics on my other camera. I will post them up later.

Had access to the machine shop today so I grabbed some scrap and built a spindle pin puller. Rudimentary but hopefully effective.

5/8" threaded rod drilled and tapped M12 x 1.25 in one end, inserted into 1" square tube with 3/4" washers welded on for end caps.

2435de9461e1c9864daffa04b097723a.jpg

3183168ff8185bf19f7c570663472f6a.jpg

79d26db4bb5c80cbe87440a71e56714e.jpg