IGNORED

1976 280Z Restoration Project

wheee!

I don't think the car is heavy enough to bend those even if you lifted by them. Is it possible the car went off road and hit something? Are there any other marks on the bottom of the control arms? The tank doesn't look good, might leak like a sieve after the rust is removed. The fuel sender could be cleaned with some rust dissolver but would probably need to be disassembled first.

I don't think the car is heavy enough to bend those even if you lifted by them. Is it possible the car went off road and hit something? Are there any other marks on the bottom of the control arms? The tank doesn't look good, might leak like a sieve after the rust is removed. The fuel sender could be cleaned with some rust dissolver but would probably need to be disassembled first.

I don't know what to think. The bends are "up" at the same point so it looks like the car was lifted hard or slammed down onto something. No other visible witness marks to anything else. I assume the car had received a rear passenger side impact after discovering the replaced quarter and the dented tank. If the bends were "down" I might have thought it was strapped down too hard onto a low bed or frame rack or something. No real reason for it really....

I plan on trying to restore the sending unit. Other than rust, it doesn't look damaged at all. The tank is looking more and more like a purge, clean, cut apart, repair, weld and seal job to me more and more....

Edited by wheee!