IGNORED

[2015] What Did You Do To/with Your Z Today?

zed2

Exploded mustache bar. Need a R180 mustache bar, btw.

Nice! not easy to do that. I do have either the flat early or the curved later one. $20 and shipping. Let me know. z240@shaw.ca

Edited by zKars

So today, organized some parts with zKars, welded the broken bar back together for now and went for a spin. Friend Dave took it for a spin and comfirms the Datsun isn't slow and that I must just be use to it now... Thunderstormed out, so I took advantage of 2nd gear power slides around the industrial park before topping up with 94 and going home. Driver's side wiper stopped all motion as soon as the skies REALLY opened up... made of an interesting last couple of miles home. Bolt backed off... good as new-ish.

• Like 1

I had a drive over to the garage that's instaling my Webers and discussed air filters, I bought the ones you see in the pic but was advised the Z could lose 20-30 BHP with those so I'm changing to Piper Cross individual Carb Filters, the car should be ready for tuning/jetting on Friday so should have it home by the middle of next week :-)

post-30070-0-97818900-1438717027_thumb.j

Edited by Red7

For instance, I can't feel any difference between the stock cleaner and stacks vs my short stubs and K&Ns, or no filters at all. The K&Ns sound faster, but that's it. I am running modified SUs though.

Today I swapped out the rubber steering coupler bushing with a poly model, amazing how much it changes some handling quirks and tightens up the wheel.

Also pull the driver's rear plastics off to find the source of a clunking sound that's been driving me bonkers for months now. $20 dollars of plastic clips later, a broken pair of pliers and some cracked plastic, I found a non-factory Pioneer speaker hanging from a broken aluminum mount. Turns out that wasn't the source of the noise. I'm baffled.

Edited by oranngetang

I'm no engineer guys so I've just gone with their recommendation, the foam ones on at the minute just slide over the stacks, the Piper Cross ones will, I believe, have a backplate, I'll post some pics when I get it back and try and get a better explaination for us all :-) cheers

Joined up with a group in town getting a car club to the next level. Had an aerodrome to ourselves for the evening, with some Skyline/240SX drifting school, which turned into drags. I didn't feel drifting to be my thing once giving it a go. Feels WAY to abusive on the clutch and rear-end. The skyline blew 3rd out, and the 240SX had some front end stuff come loose. My Z was the 2nd quickest car out there in a straight line, nearly door to door with a 5th gen Camaro SS with some stuff done to it. I feel a 3.90 rear-end would make things even closer, which is pretty decent for the Z.

• Like 1

Long story short. Yesterday the right rear brake line snapped off on me while disconnecting it.

I will have to replace it and it goes all the way to the junction block in the center of car.

I likely will have to drop the differential to get at it. I will replace the other side as well as

long as I am that far. After all, they have only been on there for 43 years. Ha.

I was going to drive it to a large car show on the 16th but that may be unlikely now.

Don't have a lot of time available to work on it. Got to order the new lines now. 

• Like 1

• Mike locked this topic