IGNORED

[2015] What Did You Do To/with Your Z Today?

zed2

Replaced the felt inside the window runners and frame. Found the 1st foot of speedo cable snapped off, problem found. Gave it a wash and went to my first car club meet in town. Went for cruise. This Rebello 240z so far isn't much quicker than a stock B4 RSK, at all.

• Like 1

Replaced all the suspension bushings, do I need to say how much I dislike spindle pins :0(

2 days and 20+ hours, but we'll worth it.

All rubber and drive like a dream ... Life is Good ;0)

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Finally met up with Zup (Jim) , a great guy!

He was in the area picking up his beautifully re-chromed bumpers for his 73 240.

Great to talk with him & show him my beloved 280z, as well as the liquor store project I've been working on.

attachicon.gifJD Bump.jpg

Hope to make the trip to Memphis with him coming up soon ...

Thanks for stopping by Jim

Those CRX's are great little cars. I have a friend that bought a 84 CRX new and still has it.

Always driven in Summer only and kept in a heated garage in Winter.

Still has the original paint that looks like new.

Has Mikuni side drafts on it. He is finally giving it an engine rebuild now.

Someone is going to get a good one when he sells it.

Took her out for her maiden voyage with new hitch, trailer and engine.   Made it around the block, and out for a 120km drive tomorrow to my friends where the swap will happen this weekend.  Wish me luck.   

This picture makes me all tingly inside.

post-29038-0-90702300-1436418382_thumb.j

Edited by HuD 91gt
  • Like 3

Beautiful Z and beautiful job with the trailer!

Very nice---and here's wishing you all the luck you need, although seeing your execution to date I don't think you need a lot of luck.

Seems to me your plans are well thought out in advance.

Happy Motoring!

• Like 1

Take a file and put a slight 45 degree on the inner edge of the strut mount (about 1/16").

This will allow you to get the strut between the bushings and won't interfere with the opperation.

Edited by yakhopper

5lb hammer

Used one.

Take a file and put a slight 45 degree on the inner edge of the strut mount (about 1/16").

This will allow you to get the strut between the bushings and won't interfere with the opperation.

Did that too.

2+ hours yesterday, and then another 2+ hours today and finally got it in.  Only took the hammer, rubber mallet, a scissor jack, my regular jack, a bunch of screwdrivers, putty knife and a bunch of other stuff from the garage to get it done.  And the whole process turned into a comedy of errors: the spindle pin bolt wouldn't go in and the treads on it were crushed, I put a tear into one of the bushings, the spindle pin didn't want to go in all the way, and I ended up bleeding twice (that I know of).  But it's done.

Then, for some reason, I decided to do the driver side.  20 minutes.  It practically put itself together.  Go figure.

I think my favorite thing about this forum is the narrative around rear suspension work. I'm not there yet, but when the time comes I will feel like a girl if I can't regale you all with a tale of fire, swearing, BFHs, 2 ton hydraulic presses and other inventive tactics for getting the best of spindle pins and related parts.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

• Mike locked this topic