IGNORED

Mechanical Fuel Pump Removal Problems

huskervol

I recently removed a pump from my L24 and it had the spacer, which was also stuck to the pump. The spacer ended up splitting in two when the pump finally came off (one half still stuck to the block.

I installed a new pump on a new engine without a spacer, I've started it and run it like this for a little bit. With the pump lobe depressing the pump arm, I can still push firther, so there appears to be no risk of it binding up.

Is the spacer required? What is it for? It seems the new 3rd party brands have a thicker mounting base to negate the spacer, as if the spacer was just a range limiting shim for the pump to regulate pressure or something?!

I'm quite curious.

This is a comment made in the KYOSAN FUEL PUMP installation instructions:

Be sure to install insulator.

Starting the engine without installing the insulator will immediately damage

the rocker arm and may result in fuel pump or the engine being permanently

damaged.

We will not accept responsibility for any

damage caused by fitting the pump

without using the insulator.

PS:

Can someone briefly explain to me how to download images from my PC to my library file at this website?

Thanks,

Dan

I've never had luck with the gallery on this website. Thanks for the insulator info I'll do some looking. This new pump would require longer studs in order to be used with an insulator, and I don't think it would have enough stroke against that lobe to actually pump if it was installed. Time to make an order ;)

PS:

Can someone briefly explain to me how to download images from my PC to my library file at this website?

Thanks,

Dan

I've been able to copy images then paste them to my replies with the new version.  Or you can click on the bottom right box that says "More Reply Options", it'll go to another page where you can search your PC then upload the file.  Then you have to "Attach File".

Try to copy and paste first, it's much faster.

I've been able to copy images then paste them to my replies with the new version.  Or you can click on the bottom right box that says "More Reply Options", it'll go to another page where you can search your PC then upload the file.  Then you have to "Attach File".

Try to copy and paste first, it's much faster.

Thanks siteunseen.  This is the image I was trying to upload from my PC.

post-1390-0-52231100-1418065266_thumb.jp

Old Dog trying to keep up!

Dan

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...