IGNORED

Rocker Geometry Woes

rossiz

Yeah, it is interesting,  The guy that makes them has been around for quite a while and seems to know what he's doing.  But Nissan used to make a one-piece arm, with a chrome-plated rubbing pad, and they switched to the brazed on pad made of more wear-resistant material.  So even if the loads are handled fine you have to wonder about longevity.

I'm still betting that some of the rocker arm refinishes are done by people there who don't know what they're doing.  If your batch gets the right guy, awesome, if you get the wrong guy, hell.  It's a simple looking job that takes a lot of care to do right.  Set up for mistakes.

Couldn't prove it by me.....I sent 36 old rockers to them for back up, not counting the engines running them now. Every one looks like a brand new rocker......perfect. When I geometried the rockers, the marker lines wipe out perfectly straight on each end of the rockers.......they wouldn't do that if they weren't symetrical. Also, if you grind duration and lift on a camshaft, I would think the grind on a rocker would be a piece of cake.......of course it's important to send undamaged rockers. Finally, I've checked cam wear on all five of my engines......absolutely no wear whatsoever on the cam lobes or rockers. I'm a fan of Delta rockers.....at $3.00 each they are a real bargain! Of course this is IMO.......

I weighed mine by grinding the nose down and told them that in my message.  Out of 2 heads I ended up with 12 S30s.  The P79 had a couple of Beck Arnley looking rockers that weighed about 5 more grams, they were a lot beefier looking like these.  I got mine back after a week and they look fantastic.  $36 plus $14 shipping.

MR203.jpg