IGNORED

Beautiful Blue 240z #6116 - $25,000

Hardway

If that Z only brought bids of $17K - that doesn't help push 240Z values up much. Even with the flaws that Mike pointed out - that would be a pretty nice Z for $17K. But with the flaws - it isn't a $25K car either. You would have to pull the windshield and correct that paint… maybe get the original glass and seals as well.

FWIW,

Carl B.

• 4 months later...

This car sold for $40,700 (plus fees I assume) at auction on Nov 1 in Austin, TX.  I wish I could figure out how to attach a photo with this new system "upgrade", but I give up.  Here is a link to the auction page and the results are in the second link below

http://www.motostalgia.com/car-detail/?vin=HLS3006116

http://www.motostalgia.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/11/Motostalgia-AGP14-Official-Results-SOLD.pdf

-Mike

You could take a screenshot, save the file, then attach the file.  Windows 7 has a tool in Accessories called the Snipping Tool.  Open it, circle the stuff you want, then save it as a very small file.

I've only been able to paste a few types of files in to any forum's software.  Most don't allow pasting images.

You could take a screenshot, save the file, then attach the file.  Windows 7 has a tool in Accessories called the Snipping Tool.  Open it, circle the stuff you want, then save it as a very small file.

I've only been able to paste a few types of files in to any forum's software.  Most don't allow pasting images.

Yeah, I'm familiar with the snipping tool and I use it, but I don't see a way up upload the photo.  I tried the "My Media" button but that just has photos I previously uploaded and I don't see how to add new photos.

I was able to link to the PDF with the auction results instead. 

Anyway, back to the subject of the thread...  Its funny how people are able to flip a car from one auction to another so quickly.  This car sold for $17K at the Seattle Mecum auction in June, then apparently sold by the buyers at their Austin store in August for $25K, and then sold again at this Austin auction in Nov for almost $42K.

I find it interesting that this car and the one that was just on Ebay below with a BIN of $65K, went up to $38K is only 41 cars apart in their VIN numbers.  Both cars seem to be restored to the same level and probably have close to the same value.  I believe the one on Ebay has a higher quality paint job but both cars are very nice in their own right.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Datsun-240Z-Series-I-Totally-Restored-1970-Low-VIN-/231389268988?pt=US_Cars_Trucks&forcerrptr=true&hash=item35dfe00bfc&item=231389268988&nma=true&si=cTtpx%252FEY2j3p49sD7fCc7T0Jjyc%253D&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2557