IGNORED

My new baby 72 240z

I'm pretty sure my Delorto's need to be tuned and maybe rebuilt. They idle really high also fall flat around 4500 rpm, also noticed fuel dripping from the first one last time. I'm not sure if that has to do with the carb's or if it is internal. the first thing I'll do is change the thermostat and plug the holes. from the mishap on Sun. If anyone else has had similar problems maybe can offer some advice.

If it had been standing still for quite a while with fuel in the carbs, it could be overflowing, you could try cleaning the carbs.

Yeah the carbs were gonna be the first on my list before the hoses busted. I'm kind of intimidated by it though. with my lack of experience with them. I'll just have to get the rebuild kit and a book and dive in. not too many shops in my area that are experienced with them. and I think I'll get a couple oem hoses and a new heater valve, and a thermostat and call it a day. Much easier on the wallet

Do I have to remove the ac or just the blower?

This is what you have to deal with AFTER you get the A/C components out of the way. The squirrel-cage housing pretty well blocks all access to the hose clamps, hoses, and water ****. The housing is bolted to the firewall in at least two places as I recall. As to replacement radiator and heater hoses, stick with pre-bent versions and avoid collapses that will restrict coolant flow. Check out RockAuto for your radiator hoses - excellent values!

post-22303-14150829244578_thumb.jpg

Well damn! I may be without heat. I don't want to remove all that for a long time, when I restore it right, 10 years or so. Those hoses Bart's talking about are your A/C lines, they come in above the frame rail under the battery on my firewall.

post-24724-14150829245179_thumb.jpg

Here's my crusty valve and pinched hose,

post-24724-14150829245852_thumb.jpg

Found the culprit first I removed the seat then I remove the glove box then drop the AC and the hamster cage then I can see the small hose attached to the heater control valve busted i'm going to change the Heater control valve and the hoses and I should be good

post-26258-14150829249007_thumb.jpg

post-26258-14150829249633_thumb.jpg

post-26258-14150829250037_thumb.jpg

Does anyone know the part numbers for the heater hoses I need the heater hose core inlet, and the heater hose inlet i'm going to try and go to the dealer tomorrow and see if I can get it over-the-counter

Now that I've got everything out of The way. I thought about it I'm not driving in the winter time. So I think I'm going to rip all that stuff out and plug it up. See how it cools