IGNORED

No cold start......

rcb280z

So I haven't had cold start in the mornings here and I should because it is usually below 60 degrees when I go to work. I noticed its been harder to start my Z for the past 2 weeks. I measured the TT this morning and I should have got a reading somewhere around 2.96, ambient temp is 59 degrees. I got no reading, 0.00. So off to find a TT. I wonder what killed it? Its only about 4 years old.

Oops, didn't have meter set on ohms. What I get for trying to do it without my eyes on LOL. Anyway, I was getting a reading of 1,876 ohms and I believe it should be around 2900, maybe? But after a couple of seconds it would read a "1" on the meter. Guess I should adjust meter to next level and read it again.

Actually, it's just a switch. It's either open or closed to let juice flow through the CSV. And you don't measure across the terminals, you measure from each terminal to ground. One side is the internal heater, the other side is the ground for the CSV. 4 and 21 are at the ECU connection.

post-20342-14150828782698_thumb.png

Zed, with the meter set at 200 ohms I measure 62.2 ohms. Which should be the same as the temp (62 degrees) in the garage correct?

That's the heater side of the switch. You want to measure the other pin to ground to see if the switch is closed when it's cold, like it should be. You should see a closed circuit, very low to zero resistance, on the other pin, to ground, when cold. That lets power flow through the CSV to supply fuel when cold.