IGNORED

Decent 240 close to me

siteunseen

Good day, I got it started and drove around the block! If I hadn't taken the seats out I'd still be driving it. Some carb gaskets were leaking, the firing order was 180 backwards and the valves were all too tight especially the intake valves. 1st I used a gas can as Jeff said then I put filters everywhere and put 5 gallons in the tank. Has a cool sound, the 2 pipes coming off the exhaust manifold go into a straight shot 2.5" exhaust. It has an "A" stamped cam that looks good, the spray bar works really good too. Oh and the York A/C works! Z karma at it's best!

post-24724-14150828638048_thumb.jpg

post-24724-14150828638745_thumb.jpg

Glad to hear it runs! My very first Z was a rusty '72 that I bought for $200 out of a field back in 1984. I flat towed it home and within an hour had it running. The floorboards had been cut out and the seats weren't bolted in. I was so excited that it ran, I sat on the seat cross member and held my feet up while I drove it around the block in the rain. Water was coming up through the missing floor and getting me wet, but it was a blast. After several fast trips around the neighborhood, I drove it home and bolted the seats in. I then drove it around for another 30 minutes with no plates or insurance. I couldn't believe how strong the motor was after sitting in a field for 5 years. :) The car was too rotten to save, so I stripped the car and stored the good parts. I ended up installing the carbs on my 260 race car after they sat in my garage for 25 years.

Fun seatless story Jeff! Thanks for sharing!

I drove slowly around the block in my seatless car sitting on a very low foot stool after doing some carb work a few years ago. The seats were out for welding in metal panels on the floor for some rusted out holes and for putting rust bullet on the floor after the welding work. I just put both seats back in permanently a few weeks ago. With the seats out I slowly went past a neighbor and explained that I had no seat and that was why it looked like I was sitting on the floor. He seemed amused at the whole thing. I was cautious not to do any jackrabbit starts sitting on a footstool, figured I would fall over backward if I did. Seatbelts were pulled out too.

Edited by Mikes Z car