IGNORED

Decent 240 close to me

siteunseen

Well now I have 3 Zs! Got a good deal on an original car. Very little rust. The guy I got it from works on Mustangs and somehow got it for doing some work on something, I don't know the details yet. A doctor in Decatur bought it in 02/'72 for $4,810, or that's what the window sticker was. Has all kinds of receipts and was in a car show in '06. Then it got parked in a storage building with dirt floors, dry but dusty. When I get it home I can't wait to show you all how good of shape it's in for a 42 year old car. 918 orange with black interior and a black rocker panel stripe. Here's some pictures I took with my phone so they're not worth a crap. I asked had he had many calls and he said "some guy named Jeff from Michigan called" I started laughing and said I know that guy! You were right about the price Jeff in the above post but it's a different car, as you know. Thank you again, I think whatever you said helped me get a good price. I owe you one. Oh and all those wires are supposedly they're attempt at wiring up an electric fuel pump because it wouldn't run, carbs are full of trash I'm hoping. Some are coming from the A/C too, I think, I was excited! Also has a rear deck spoiler and the emblems they removed to install it were in the glove box.

post-24724-14150828572566_thumb.jpg

post-24724-14150828573167_thumb.jpg

post-24724-14150828573779_thumb.jpg

post-24724-14150828574365_thumb.jpg

post-24724-1415082857496_thumb.jpg

post-24724-1415082857554_thumb.jpg

post-24724-14150828576154_thumb.jpg

post-24724-14150828576778_thumb.jpg

I SWEAR it wasn't me. Seriously!!! Heck of a coincidence though.

It looks like you got a great car. I hope you were able to talk him down from his asking price, but even at that price, it was a good deal. Are you going to keep your red '72, or sell it and put the proceeds into this car? It looks like it could be brought back to driver status with some TLC or show status with some time and money. Congrats on the purchase!

You've gotta be kidding! I thought for sure you'd called him when he said that, anyway I'll always think you saved me some money, a LOT of money, less than half of what the ad said. I bought that red one thinking the white interior would grow on me but it never has. It'll be for sale pretty soon, I have a 3 car garage and 4 cars that need to be kept inside. I'll park my DD Camry outside, it's not too hot yet.

30 years ago I had a '76 in #240 Green with white interior and my current '78 (bought 24 years ago) in #517 Light Gold had white interior. Both were swapped for black. I just never liked the white in either car. In both cases, I bought rusty parts cars with PERFECT interiors and I swapped the white for black. These days though it's getting much harder to find donor cars.

Well despite the warnings, I'm planning to convert some of my 77 interior to white(ish), but the stuff from the 72 is different and won't fit anyway.

The most interesting man in the world is my cousin.

"Look, a finger!"

"That's unsettling."

"Ya think?"

"All the time. Except when I sleep."