IGNORED

My Datsun 280Z "Rustoration"

HaZmatt

1 hour ago, HaZmatt said:

Does anyone have a spare wheel they need to get rid of? I'm willing to pay for your troubles...Mine never came with one and I can't seem to find any around.

If you end up going with a later Nissan mini-spare, please let me know year & model as I'd like to get one instead of a full sized spare.  I've read a lot of vague references, in various threads,  to what fits.

Dennis

Edited by psdenno

1 hour ago, siteunseen said:

I'm thinking the mid 90s Sentra has the same lug nut pattern if you can't get an OE 280 spare.

@Captain Obvious  Knows for his '77. Can't remember what year you have though. Looks like a full size after a second look. You could try googling that. I've read a lot of substitutes over the years.

I'm pretty sure the 77 is different. They went with the raised hatch floor that year. I think the 240 up to 75-76 280 were the same spare. I'm googling now trying to find some options

They changed the fuel tank at the same time they introduced the space saver spare in july 1976. The raised deck was done in the 1978 model from august 77 I think.

Yours is a 75 so normal spare should fit the well. Whether a normal spare will fit and clear your brakes would be my concern.

Edited by EuroDat

I have a big brake kit on my car (the Arizona Z kit) and as a result the standard 14 inch spare tire rim would not fit over them.  I carried around a portable inflator for a while but never really liked that solution.  I ended up getting a mini spare from a 2010 Nissan Sentra that worked perfectly.  It's the right bolt pattern and fits over the big brakes. It's 125-70-16 and fits perfectly in the spare tire hole.  Easy to find them on eBay.  I think I paid about $50 shipped. 

Hope that helps.

Mike.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, HaZmatt said:

I'm pretty sure the 77 is different. They went with the raised hatch floor that year. I think the 240 up to 75-76 280 were the same spare. I'm googling now trying to find some options

For some reason my phone doesn't show the signature lines at the bottom, you have a '75 I see now from my laptop.  I have a '77 too and that's why I remember Captain O's threads so well.

Good luck in your search.  I'm sure you'll find something, as Mike said above.  His is a 260.

12 hours ago, Mike W said:

I have a big brake kit on my car (the Arizona Z kit) and as a result the standard 14 inch spare tire rim would not fit over them.  I carried around a portable inflator for a while but never really liked that solution.  I ended up getting a mini spare from a 2010 Nissan Sentra that worked perfectly.  It's the right bolt pattern and fits over the big brakes. It's 125-70-16 and fits perfectly in the spare tire hole.  Easy to find them on eBay.  I think I paid about $50 shipped. 

Hope that helps.

Mike.

Cool thanks! I think I will try this

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Captain Obvious said:

They changed a whole bunch of sheet metal all over the car in 77, including that rear area. And because of that, the 77/78 situation is more complicated. For your 75, you've got all sorts of options.

"Help me I'm missing something!"

Rust? You're missing rust, right?  :)

:D