IGNORED

My Datsun 280Z "Rustoration"

HaZmatt

• 1 month later...
  • 5 months later...

Back at it!

Lately I've been working out some bugs I have on the car. My first issue was an intermittent ignition problem that I had. Every once in awhile the car would just crank and crank without starting. Come to find out it was simply a faulty ignition switch (about the only thing that I didn't replace). 

Second, I wanted to address my suspension. It wasn't too terrible but the BC coilovers were a little harsh for my taste. After some researching,  I ended up,

1). Raising the car about an inch.

2). Found out that the rear coilovers had too much preload on the Springs, so they were adjusted.

3). Let out about 5 psi on my tires

Now the car rides soooo much better! No longer cringe at the thought of going over a pothole. Very happy about this!

Next up are the brakes. They need to be professionally adjusted and possibly re-bled. I will be getting this done next week. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, siteunseen said:

Glad you're back. After following your build and then to hear you were selling that beauty knocked the wind out of me. I've had times when I thought of selling my favorite one too. Thankfully I have a good relationship with Visa. LOL

Thanks man. As of right now I am going to fix a few minor issues and just enjoy driving it this summer. It's already much more fun to drive with that ignition issue fixed and the suspension dialed in!

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...