IGNORED

My Datsun 280Z "Rustoration"

HaZmatt

the kit i got provides two options:  some double-stick tape and wide clips (like hazmatt shows) or smaller clips with sheet metal screws. i started with the stick-on system and mine didn't stick - the covers aren't a perfect fit (slight warp) so they put constant, light pressure on the adhesive which pulled them off. i then went to the drill-in method and they've been fine since. i am considering doing the door-trim trick now though, as the brightwork would look nice on my dark green paint.

8 hours ago, EuroDat said:

This end result looks great. Ever thought of making more;)

Thanks! They are really easy to do. Just buy the cheap headlight covers, throw away supplied black trim, buy chrome door edge trim from auto store and install!

2 hours ago, sweatybetty said:

those covers do look nice. how are they attached to the car? i would like to use some but i dont want to drill any holes.

Yea like Rossiz says, they are 3 tabs that use double sided tape to attach them to the light bucket. I haven't had any issues with them coming off yet.