IGNORED

My Datsun 280Z "Rustoration"

HaZmatt

nice! 

where did you wind up w/timing?

any obstruction to intake will affect flow - you can tune for some of it w/afr but it will always be there. i've spent quite a bit of time w/motorcycles on the dyno and every little bit counts. unless you're on the track you feel a few hp a lot less in a car than on a bike though. i was shocked at how much difference a set of screens made on the intake bellmouth, but if you think about it all screens have a % open area spec and even a fine wire mesh with large openings (filters out bugs/rocks but does nothing for dust & grit) will choke out 5-10% and that's a direct reduction to intake.

end of the day, for street driving the filter effect will be essentially negligible and your bores will thank you...

Yes I got most of my M8-M12 bolts from Fastenal. The M5-M6 bolts I got from ClipsandFasteners.com. The specialty Datsun hardware I had plated at a local plating shop.

Thanks, appreciate it. Awesome build.

Sent from my A0001 using Tapatalk

• 4 weeks later...

Just got done reading the thread. Great read. The car really had everyone fooled at the show and shine last month. Almost fooled me when i saw the brackets for the 280z front signals. You did a great job on the build. The car looks great.

Are you going to the cussler collection tomorrow?

• 2 weeks later...

Hey Matt, can you shoot me the measurements you used for the cuts on the stock housings? Looks like about two inches on the rear, less on the fronts.... I would like to duplicate your stance eventually....