IGNORED

My Datsun 280Z "Rustoration"

HaZmatt

I just wanted to close out this build thread with a huge Thank you to all the members here that helped and inspired me to get through this project. I've seen a lot of these build threads start out strong and end up with the owner selling the car or losing interest, and believe me, I was almost there a couple times. But everytime I had an issue, there was someone here willing to lend a helpful hand. 

I will still be on this forum checking out everyone's projects and post new things that I've changed or added to my Z but I would say mines pretty much complete. Thanks again!  :)

-Matt

• Like 4

Great build thread Matt! Really inspired me all the way through.

I would still love to cruise with you one of these days, but the new baby at the end of April has really sucked what little time I had for tinkering, so needless to say, not much has been getting done. But I'll get around to getting it ready to cruise around this summer, and then I'll hit you up and maybe we can take a run into the mountains!

This is one if those threads that inspires one to not give up for sure!

Edited by CoeGuthrie
  • Like 1

Hey HazMatt,

Now that you've had some "seat-time" on the coil-overs would you mind providing us an update on their ride quality and your opinion of them?

Best-

Overall I think they're great. The ride is nice and tight. Its a lot more firm than a set of Eibach lowering springs. Not that its uncomfortable or harsh...really the only time I feel it is when I hit a pothole or something. That could be the low profile tires too. I wouldn't do any higher of a spring rate unless it was a track car. 

Overall I think they're great. The ride is nice and tight. Its a lot more firm than a set of Eibach lowering springs. Not that its uncomfortable or harsh...really the only time I feel it is when I hit a pothole or something. That could be the low profile tires too. I wouldn't do any higher of a spring rate unless it was a track car. 

Thanks for the reply, HaZmatt. I don't recall your spring rates, (have to go back and look) but are you able to soften up the ride still or are you set to the softest setting already?

Matt, It's awesome the way your car turned out. I enjoyed the videos as well!

One thing on the video... When you had the camera mounted behind the left rear wheel, is it my imagination, or are you getting a little wheel wobble? Might just be the raised lettering on the tire tricking the eye, but I'm thinking you might have some runout on that rear hub. I'm probably just imagining things, but you might want to stick an indicator on the corner and see what you get?