IGNORED

Hello from Copenhagen

Werup

Hi all Z lovers

Finally i have bought a Datsun 240z! Ive been looking for one in 2 years, but those cars do not come around in Denmark very often. But I found one very close to where i live in Copenhagen and bought it. It had been imported (revently) from CA.

It seems to be a good green survivor from 1971, with the handthrottle. But there is of course minor flaws I have to work with, i guess that is a very good part of the Z. It has to repaired and modified :classic:

The car has the original L24 engine, and i 5 speed box installed, im not sure about the diff yet.

The flaws that ive found so far is:

5 speed install the hard way (console is cut up). Big holes in driver seat

Minor rust at LH dogleg and a little spot on the toppanel at the hatch area

Minor bumbing from universal joints. But im sure ill find a bit more :D

post-27032-14150827991433_thumb.jpg

The Nissan/datsun is not completly new for me earlier I have modified an 200sx :)

post-27032-14150827992338_thumb.jpg

Im looking forward to learn alot more in here, and it seems to be nice site where you can find good answers to those problem which will come. There is not alot of forums or knowledge about the Z here in Denmark, so happy i can find information and sharp 240z members here :classic:

Hope you can live with my writing, can be too fast some times :pirate:

Best Regards

Martin

post-27032-14150827992162_thumb.jpg

Edited by Werup

Hi Martin,

Welcome to the club. If you are like me, you will find it very usefull. The fellow members are friendly and always willing to give advice.

Not many of us in Europe with an original european Zed. A lot are imported like yours and mine included.

There are a couple of Danish members on the site, but I haven't seen them posting lately.

Chas

Thanks it really seems to be a good organized forum, with alot of know how, so happy to join :)

Chas - No your right, actually i was on my way to see joop stolze (Netherland) but this came with a good price, so i stayed in Denmark. Ok maybe ill fin my way to them at some point in here.

/Martin

Hello Martin,

And add yet another welcome to the club. That's a pretty car you have there, even with a couple of warts that you mentioned. Its hard to find a "perfect" 240Z and working to correct a few things can be a form of therapy while learning about your car. We look forward to your updates and you always know where to come with any questions.

Jim

Thats a neat collection you have. The 240Z looks a clean and tidy addition. I don't think you could do much better buying one from Joop. Pitty about the hack job on the centre console.

Do you know which version of the 5speed you have. The FS5W71B had three versions in the 280Z through to the end of the 280ZX. The most sought after is the one after1981 in the 280ZX.

Chas

Jim - Your absolutely right, and im actutally looking forward to get under the bonnet with this car, I like that it so simple and yet a drivers car! And there are so many ways to do things :) Thanks!

Chas - Thanks, the red car, was modified and ended up like the gunmetal 200sx with S15 front :) But the car was sadly stolen right after i finished it :/ Im out of town at the moment, but will check when i get to the car :D IM also looking to find the right LSD for the car, but Ill search my way when i get to that.

/Martin

Hi Bart! Im sure there will be a lot of stuff to do with the car, but im looking forward, first thing i must buy a set of Rota Bm8's :)

Ill do that, hoping to do a gallery of the modification :)

/Martin

Martin,

I was in your fair city last year. Very nice place.

Nice looking Z. Try to keep your Z inside in the winter if you can. Unlike your 240SX, the early Z's had no rust proof coating on the steel and tend to rust from the inside out.