IGNORED

Just ordered my Rebello 3.0, now what

Pricing: They seem to have something available for any reasonable budget with options to utilize used parts to cut costs. I happened to have sold my motorcycle for $3500 and that was enough to get me a basic motor with some used parts.

By the way I made a killing on this deal. I had a 65hp motorcycle that I sold and was able to purchase an additional 200hp from the sale for my Z (up from 50, my Z is old and tired) so in the end ill see a 300% profit in HP on that investment

Wow are you kidding, does 3500 include the carb and head work? 270HP for under 4k is really kinda crazy. Man maybe I can afford to build an L6 for my Z. I really want to keep it L6 powered but think I'm gonna be craving more power by next summer, hmm maybe it's to start a go fast savings.

Wow are you kidding, does 3500 include the carb and head work? 270HP for under 4k is really kinda crazy. Man maybe I can afford to build an L6 for my Z. I really want to keep it L6 powered but think I'm gonna be craving more power by next summer, hmm maybe it's to start a go fast savings.

$3500 does NOT get you a 270hp motor, but it was enough to get an basic bored/stroked rebuilt motor with used parts. I added some stuff to that base price like enlarged valves, head porting, carb tweaking.. If you called them up with 4k im sure you could get over 200hp and keep your inline 6.

$3500 does NOT get you a 270hp motor, but it was enough to get an basic bored/stroked rebuilt motor with used parts. I added some stuff to that base price like enlarged valves, head porting, carb tweaking.. If you called them up with 4k im sure you could get over 200hp and keep your inline 6.

Ah alright, I figured it that was too good to be true but till those are comparable to any local shop that has no clue how to build an L6, see what came to mind for me, would be sending a head out to him be built and doing the bottom end myself

Ah alright, I figured it that was too good to be true but till those are comparable to any local shop that has no clue how to build an L6, see what came to mind for me, would be sending a head out to him be built and doing the bottom end myself

Datsun Spirit builds good motors on a budget too. I was looking at an ou can with STR ver.B without a core and shipping to Canada for a fair bit under $5000. I believe the engine itself is under $3500 if you provide a core. You can spend as much as you want, as you can with Rebello. I've read nothing but the highest opinions of Eiji regarding his customer service and engine build quality.

I went with Rebello because I made contact with them first and it sounded like a <3 week completion at the time, also the power figures (or claims), seemed higher per dollar.

i strongly considered using Eiji to build my motor after seeing some of his build threads and hearing nothing but good things. I live less than an hour from Rebello and shipping alone was going to save me hundreds. If you must pay for shipping i would contact both companies and do a detailed comparison before pulling the trigger.

If you want huge and cheap power, a stock L28E / L28ET block running higher than stock boost (on the stock turbo) with some head work (which you're doing anyway), will make more power than either of our NA engines.

I was considering that as well, when my brother originally bought the car his plan involved a SBC. Which I too considered, but I feel like would be fun, but could kill the personality of the car. I will have to research the turbo motors some more. am excited to se the outcome of this thread, can't wait to see how the little 260 does, with it's new engine.

Here is what my old 3.0 Rebello stroker motor sounded like with Header and 3 inch exhaust

Better than the boobs thread..

On another note the dude with the 2+2 sent me a 225mm flywheel when i specifically asked him for a 240mm, so i have in my possession a flywheel i dont need.