IGNORED

HellFire Status & release date annouced

superlen

• 1 month later...

Time for an update & some pics. Don't get too excited, I'm still mucking about with the AFM and flow bench pulling some numbers, but it's somewhat interesting so here are the pics. The first is my 3d printer making an adapter/bushing for the Infinity Q45 MAF Sensor. These are $30 new from Ebay and I think will be handy two ways.

1. As a research tool, it's another sanity check on calibration of the AFM. My flowbench gives a number, this MAF gives a number, and the AFM gives a number. In theory, they should all agree. That's what I'm studying currently.

2. In production, it would make a good choice for an aftermarket MAF if someone doesn't want to pay to get their AFM rebuilt or buy a new one. This MAF is cheap and easy to secure and the HellFire will ship with the calibration already in place for this model. You can of course use any MAF you drag up from anywhere, but this one would be a drop in.

The second pic is of the flow bench test setup. You can see the AFM (it's actually Bob's, he make recognize it & I left out the copy of today's paper as I'm sure he thinks I have it kidnapped. :)) at the start of the airflow then onto the Infinity MAF using the adapter I printed, then down into the flow bench. Inside the flow bench is a calibrated orifice that I measure pressure drop across. All of the measurements of course are done with the HellFire board itself. The user calibration feature of the GUI makes it easy for me to drop in any kind of sensor and just type some numbers into a spreadsheet to scale/calibrate it. The MAF is read directly on the channel that in the stock world is the AFM reference signal as we don't use/need that reference. To measure the PSI drop across my flowbench orifice I had to scab on another differential pressure sensor and blue wire it's output to the EGO monitor.

Now, I just need to find some more time to measure/test/measure/test...ect.

Len

post-23818-14150830353744_thumb.jpg

post-23818-14150830353363_thumb.jpg

Oh, I forgot to add that an quicker way to reach me instead of PMS (I've not been checking in that often) is to hit me at superlen*hellfireproducts.com. The webpage is just a hello world, but the email is all functional.

Len