NOS parts find! - Open Discussions - Classic Z Car Club Skip to content

NOS parts find!

Featured Replies

I just received a couple of hard to find NOS parts for my car. I don't know how many more such parts are out there but these were very hard to find. One is a NOS speed-o-cable, not the newer part number shorter one and the other is a set of NOS interior scuff plates not the newer texture painted ones but the original part with the vinyl covering.:cool:

post-7454-14150827195476_thumb.jpg

post-7454-14150827194338_thumb.jpg

post-7454-14150827194864_thumb.jpg

That reminded me of the thread last year about the guy who claimed he bought out the parts from a Nissan dealership. People were shooting all sorts of parts requests to him. Did those requests ever pan out?

  • Author
That reminded me of the thread last year about the guy who claimed he bought out the parts from a Nissan dealership. People were shooting all sorts of parts requests to him. Did those requests ever pan out?

I did not follow that thread. These parts were found in England. There is a member in CA with a boat load of NOS parts but not this cable or scuff plates. As I said these have been the hardest parts that I have found in my quest of needed NOS parts.

Nice find, Jerry. How many mounting holes are in the scuff plates? The part number indicates there should be five in each. If so, those are REALLY early parts!

I've never had to replace a Speedo Cable.. so never ordered any. Good to know the scuff plates are hard to find. A friend of mine - many years ago - had some made out of stainless steel - I've used them in my 240Z's as they haven't rusted from moisture.

FWIW,

Carl B.

S
Sponsored
Advertisement
Go Ad-Free
No ad showing? Ads help support ClassicZcars. If you use an ad blocker, please consider allowing ads on this site or Go Ad-Free.
  • Author
I've never had to replace a Speedo Cable.. so never ordered any. Good to know the scuff plates are hard to find. A friend of mine - many years ago - had some made out of stainless steel - I've used them in my 240Z's as they haven't rusted from moisture.

FWIW,

Carl B.

Carl, I was surprised when my 72 came back from restoration with texture painted scuff plates. I started looking then and found Courtesy and all other vendors were offering the painted plates. That is where the quest began. As to the Speedo cable, in my quest for other NOS parts I came to believe that an original correct length NOS cable did not exist and at that point, need it or not, I had to see if one could be found. Kinda like those people who raid the grocery at just the suggestion that a winter storm is coming.

Great score, Jerry. And I see the ever-elusive firewall grommet is pre-installed on the speedo cable as it should be.

Great score, Jerry. And I see the ever-elusive firewall grommet is pre-installed on the speedo cable as it should be.

that speedo has a later style firewall grommet, I have the same speedocable with orange outer rubber and spring that is NOS form the early 90's I had stashed away.

Very nice find...

That reminded me of the thread last year about the guy who claimed he bought out the parts from a Nissan dealership. People were shooting all sorts of parts requests to him. Did those requests ever pan out?

Would also love to know the answer to this.

that speedo has a later style firewall grommet, I have the same speedocable with orange outer rubber and spring that is NOS form the early 90's I had stashed away.

Very nice find...

My thought also. That looks like the one I used to replace the one in 26th.

What was an LHD speedo cable doing in the UK? Did it get lost?

RHD one is shorter than LHD.

... Kinda like those people who raid the grocery at just the suggestion that a winter storm is coming.

We have some recent experience with that haven't we...

Create an account or sign in to comment

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.