IGNORED

Electronic Ignition kit

Yamahacam

So I'm back and have installed the Pertronix kit, I got the ignitor 2 kit with the matching coil. Car starts well, and runs smoother. Definitely winds out a lot better than before. However, one unforeseen problem, is that with 36yo wiring there is a bit of a voltage drop at the coil, and at night when my headlights are on this gets worse. The module in the ignitor kit cuts out below a certain voltage, and at night with headlights, brake lights and indicator at idle the voltage drop will cause the car to stall.

Obviously this isn't ideal, so I intend to run power from the battery to the coil, running it through a relay using the ignition power to switch it. This should keep voltage at the coil pretty constant irrelevant of revs/electric use. Will let everyone know how this fix goes.

Can't tell if you guys are driving 240K's or 240Z's but the 60 amp alternators from some of the late North American market 240Z's, 260z's and 75-77 280Z's used a 60 amp alternator with the external voltage regulator. Should be a straight bolt-in.

Edited by Zed Head