IGNORED

Cheapskate Paint Job

ninjazombiemaster

That's because it IS lawn edging! LOL

Lawn edging makes great airdam material. It's flexible for attachment and off-track excursions, yet doesn't flex under aero loading.

post-7975-14150825432257_thumb.jpg

The rear spoiler is made of thin plywood. I would have used real MSA or BRE parts, but the shipping costs are as much as the parts themselves. Total cost for aero was under $35.

post-7975-14150825431836_thumb.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

No, I wouldn't think that it would add that value to the car.

Would the car be worth more with a quality paint job? Sure, but increased value is determined by the quality of the current body/paint.

If you're keeping the car for the foreseeable future, is high-quality paint work worth that much to you? I just don't think an early Z commands a high enough price overall that bodywork and paint will dramatically increase value.

No, I wouldn't think that it would add that value to the car.

Would the car be worth more with a quality paint job? Sure, but increased value is determined by the quality of the current body/paint.

If you're keeping the car for the foreseeable future, is high-quality paint work worth that much to you? I just don't think an early Z commands a high enough price overall that bodywork and paint will dramatically increase value.

I was thinking the same thin but needed to hear what others thought. I guess I will have to find someone that is more resonable on price.

I will post this

2 years ago I sprayed my rx7's engine bay with rustoleum 7777 satin black, thined out and shot through a spray gun/air compressor.

Search google for rustoleum 7777 and there are a few posts from muscle car guys about it. If its good enough for them, its good enough for me LOL

422395_10150623409853557_1257358771_n.jpg

425876_10150623571523557_1617416313_n.jpg

Sadly I never put the car back together, I lost interest in putting back together and am parting it out. but the car sits outside, no garage. The paint seems to be holding up fine.

180996_10150887144073557_2018015202_n.jpg

65532_10151351942233557_442872805_n.jpg

431869_10151538234363557_1147022072_n.jpg

I will post this

2 years ago I sprayed my rx7's engine bay with rustoleum 7777 satin black, thined out and shot through a spray gun/air compressor.

Search google for rustoleum 7777 and there are a few posts from muscle car guys about it. If its good enough for them, its good enough for me LOL

Sadly I never put the car back together, I lost interest in putting back together and am parting it out. but the car sits outside, no garage. The paint seems to be holding up fine.

Looks pretty good. Better than my bay. Haha.

LOL, blue. I love how patchy and badly streaked it looks in the video they provide.

I'll have to look when I get off work! hah

Just saw a stainless steel paint for appliances that may be tasteful or tasteless for this thread.

The Official site of Thomas' Liquid Stainless Steel paint for Appliances – USA

Also don't forget vinyl as a low cost alternative.

Potentially a cool alternative to re-chroming and fixing trim, if its any good.

I painted my old 2+2 with Rustolem white before I sold it. I thinned it down and used a HVLP spray gun to put it on. It looked decent, definitely not a show car, but not a beater either. I'd put it in line with any cheap Maaco paint job.

If I was going to do a roller paint job I wouldn't use Rustoleum . I would spring for some Por 15. The paint has much more pigment so there would be less layers needed. Of course I would check to see what products are sandable or can be buffed. I think the Por-15 stuff flows out well and I believe it would harden MUCH faster then the Rustoleum products. The Por-15 supposedly doesn't mind humidity- to an extent.