IGNORED

Would you run this?

Perfect240Z

I've been cleaning this head for a week now. And after soaking it in hot simple green, and using stripping cleaner to remove what's left of the head gasket, is it now clean enough to run? Its smooth in all the dark spots, thid isnt super performance racing build. This is a get my car back on the road build :)post-23144-14150822399665_thumb.jpg

Not trying to be a ****, but what do you think we can determine from this pic-really.

I can't even tell if the valves are still in there. Looks like you took them out.

Like said above, the mating surface doesn't look clean, it should be bare aluminum-that's it.

The stuff you can't see is what to worry about.

Its a good head, bought it from a fellow member. Not like I don't have the money, but I don't want it shaved more since its already been done before. Don't know what else to clean it with then...I know using a razor blade can damage the aluminum, and I tried using a scotch bright pad and a plastic brush with simple green, acetone, and even paint stripper. Any other options on cleaning off more then?

Looks marginal to me. Not trying to be mean, imply anything or the likes, but in general I see this a lot..... 'if you don't have the money to fix it right the first time, do you have the money to fix it again?'

Not like I don't have the money, I like to things at home as much as I can. Any other suggestions on stuff I can use?

Not trying to be a ****, but what do you think we can determine from this pic-really.

I can't even tell if the valves are still in there. Looks like you took them out.

Like said above, the mating surface doesn't look clean, it should be bare aluminum-that's it.

The stuff you can't see is what to worry about.

Yes the valves are out, I had the whole head soaking in a big tub of Hot simple green for like 3 hours. Any other suggestion on what I can use to clean it off?

Strictly by looks i WOULDN'T run that head-if i couldn't get the mating surface to look better than that. Have you checked it for flatness?

Why the reluctance to have it skimmed-looks like you have done the expensive part by taking it apart.

Strictly by looks i WOULDN'T run that head-if i couldn't get the mating surface to look better than that. Have you checked it for flatness?

Why the reluctance to have it skimmed-looks like you have done the expensive part by taking it apart.

Its been shaved already and shims put in, I don't want to buy more shims which is why I don't know if I want to get it skimmed again, I may take it to the shop Ive been using to get it cleaned but that would be it if I took it there. They are always busy, prices are really good to pass up too.

On my computer I have to click on that picture about three times in succession before it zooms in to full size filling the screen, I think it is because it is a thumbnail picture. I have never figured out how some post pictures and they are real big and easy to see but other pictures in posts seem small like thumbnails requiring further clicking (my posts always have small pictures requiring further clicks for some reason).