IGNORED

240z rebuild / restoration right down to the shell

grannyknot

This working for pay sure gets in the way of working for fun.

Got the wheels back from the powder coaters last week, reassembled them and sent them out for new rubber and road force balancing. Here they are, the tires are Bridgestone Grid Potenza 215/60 R15 Should be a good compromise between comfort and grip. Besides, there is not much to choose from in this size.

post-26437-14150823589878_thumb.jpg

Engine almost finished, finally got the new strut tower brace on.

post-26437-14150823590858_thumb.jpg

Now I have to get the headliner and header vinyl in before the windshield, then the dash and then I can finally start it.

Chuck, your right about the fuel line, I had forgot that braided line is more than just bling.

post-26437-1415082358948_thumb.jpg

post-26437-14150823590626_thumb.jpg

Edited by grannyknot

I need a strut tower brace like that for my 260Z.. Please let me know where you found that one. Thanks in advance!

I made the front and rear strut bars last fall before I tore it all down so I could do all the test fitting without fear of wrecking the paint.post-26437-14150823600394_thumb.jpg

There is this one,Top End Datsun 240Z Front Ultimate Strut Tower Brace | eBay

It looks very strong.

post-26437-14150823599921_thumb.jpg

post-26437-14150823600169_thumb.jpg

post-26437-14150823600622_thumb.jpg

Nicely done! A good friend of mine is a great fabricator.. I'll let him sort it out and build one similar to yours once my car is running again.

Yours is much nicer than the one on Ebay, thanks very much for sharing!

Edited by Rainman

The only thing that horrifies me is what would happen with that strut tower in a frontal crash....

It probably wouldnt help safety much at all, but then again these cars wouldnt score well in a crash test anyway. The one I have seen that was in a front ender had the frame rails up through the floor.

I dont know if the square tubing would bend upward through the bonnet? I dont think Chris will want to put it to the test for usLOL

Chas