IGNORED

My Datsun 240Z

• 1 month later...

Updates from the " rust " repair .. this came to light when the body shop started cutting things open.. everything is being replaced currently for solid metal. I recently ordered the rear inner fenders, cause as you can see on the pictures those are pretty crispy. The rear lower outer fenders are being replaced also.

On ‎19‎-‎12‎-‎2015 at 0:15 PM, siteunseen said:

Is there pictures of the Mustang?  I sure do want to see it.  :)

I posted some a few pages back here. It's a 1970 Fastback ( Or sportsroof as they called it back then ) with a 351c 4v

Edited by bartsscooterservice

• 2 weeks later...

Not Datsun.. but my 1970 Mustang Sportsroof 351c 4v , that's now finished restoration.. going for RDW ( road worthy check, registration etc .. ) next week.

Paint is still some DIY job in the US.. but I polished it for 7 hours straight and this is how it came out.. good enough for this year, maybe a respray next year..

• Like 2

Something more cool I want to share with you guys. I bought an old 2 stroke fuel pump from an auction, the tank was solid ( surface rust but not trough, every rubber dryed out offcourse ) but it stood there in a garage storage for like 25 years. It's from 1978 and the brand is Bereila, which is actually a Dutch brand. And they even stil exist today, so I managed to buy spare parts from them to restore this beauty !

I could go right into a museum now.. but I will actually use it to fill the scooters for my work. But I will make sure it stays in good condition :) I might want to sell it in a few years, who knows.. I am addicted in restoring this old stuff ! :D LOL

Anyhow.. here are the pictures from how it came in, and how it is now..

And how it is now:

• Like 2

Yeah it's like Dennis says.. hand pump how much you want, and then the small lever releases the fuel into the tank of your moped.

This one is for 50cc bikes, and was 2 stroke, you could mix it with the small lever on the top of the tank, before using it.

I just put regular gas now, because 2 stroke bikes are almost non anymore..

But it's for mopeds and small bikes, not for cars. Although I could use it haha, but it would be empty soon, I think the tank holds about 80 or 100 liters of fuel.

It works like this:

There's a pipe going all the way to the bottom of the tank, in there there's a mesh filter ( you can replace that filter from the bottom, there's a plug )

The pump is in the upper housing, beneath the valve, so when you pump it's sucked directly from the bottom of the tank. It then passes a one way valve with a spring, the valve is pushed open by the force of the pump, the fuel then enters the bowl on top. One you get the desired mixture just stop. The valve will close very quick because of the spring return, so the amount of fuel you want is kept accurate. Then the small lever on the side of the valve housing, when you turn that you open up the exit for the fuel trough the hose. If some fuel is left in the bowl, just put the hose back in the tank and drain the remains for re-ruse.

Edited by bartsscooterservice