IGNORED

My Datsun 240Z

I often see Z's that are not as nice as yours go listed at 20 to 25,000 Euros in Portugal. I'm not sure if they actually sell for this amount.

I seen this 240Z 72 today when I was at the Nissan dealer next to them. http://www.erclassics.com/Datsun-240Z-classic-car-for-sale-931.phpn

I don't think there is not a panel without a dint in it of some kind. Maybe the roof. Seats have been recovered and all the rubber is old and brittle. Might of been a Cal car before it came to Europe. At €9900 he is asking a lot imo.

Chas

Chas

Thanks to a little help from Robert ( EhlersRS ) I managed to buy another classic car for restoration. It's a 1971 Ford Mustang Mach 1 with 302 ( not the biggest engine, but I will give it some upgrades for more power ). Car is located at Orlando Mustang in Florida. Currently arranging payment with them, and it will be shipped to The Netherlands later on.

It's an original Mach 1 by VIN, the VIN : 1F05F217955

Bought it for 3000 USD. Engine has water damage, but it will get a rebuild.

The 240Z is mostly done and I need a new challenge, and always wanted an American muscle car !

This is going to be fun !

19msk6.jpg

Edited by bartsscooterservice

• 2 weeks later...

Dropped the original steel wheels of at the tire shop to get balanced. I want to try them on the car see if the ride is smoother. You won't believe it but I still have little vibration in the steering wheel and trough the car above 70 mph, not as bad as before, but it's still there and I find it annoying on the highway.

On the car now are the 280ZX 15 inch turbo wheels with the original lug nuts, you would think it centered fine.. but this system does not use the conical lug nut like the original steel wheel of the 240z does. Now that I have the original lug nuts with the original wheels I wan't to try them out, who knows the ride if finally smooth as it should be..

If this doesn't cure it, I will live with the little vibration and the turbo wheels will go back on.

Tried the stock steel wheels and the vibration at higher speeds above 70 mph was much less id say 40% less. So it must be in the tire/wheel combo...

2chs3g1.jpg

The turbo wheels are now back on.

I want to try one last thing: road force balancing on the hunter machine. I booked an appointment tomorrow morning, fingers crossed. This is the last thing I will try, if not cured I will live with it.

Okay this morning the wheels where balanced with the hunter road force machine. 1 rim needed a tire rotation on the rim ( high/low spot matching ), the other 3 only weights. I have to say it's much better now only a small amount left ! But that's okay I can't expect a 100% steady steering wheel at higher speeds.

2sbvevb.jpg