IGNORED

New Logo

psdenno

Before we drift too far afield, I totally agree that this site is Mike's "baby" and he can dress it however he likes. Now, here comes the "however". However, by definition, a logo is a graphic symbol, mark, or emblem that's used to promote INSTANT public recognition. Not sure the headlight sugar scoop design meets that definition based on the number of comments from members who didn't see it that way initially.

The graphic that's at the head of the page as I write this contains the image of an early Z car - instantly recognizable as compared to the sugar scoop that may take a little decoding before recognition sets in. When I look at the logo with the Z car, I know I've arrived at the right destination. When I look at the Rising Sun flag in a headlight casing, I have a brief WTF moment.

Any graphic artists in the group care to wade in on possible logo choices?

Dennis

There was nothing wrong with the old logo Mike had before the red one. In the words of most everyone,"it ain't broke" so it didn't need changing. This whole website is about a car that has 50-plus years of history behind it now, and, for most people, the cars won't be changing for another 50. The same for the rest of the website. If Mike wants to change something or install a software update, that's his business. Changing things to be contemporary is just a tool to create confusion.

Ok, let me try to my finger wrapped around this, Glenn. You hold deep emotion over this subject matter yet you own and drive how many Japanese cars? This is what prompted my 'harsh' response. Sorry. I'm not of Asian descent; German. As a matter of fact, I can't think of any nation, flag, symbol, emblem, representative graphic which does not hold a dark moment in history including the United States of America. I suggest, from one human being to another, that holding a deep emotion (grudge) isn't good for our souls; that we would do far better (collectively) if we would forgive and move on embracing our future. Justice was served. The event of our emotions is over. I won't argue that we should forget our past, rather forgive our past, learn from it, and not let it cloud our thoughts about what we enjoy and can contribute to our collective society. Peace.

Edited by 26th-Z

Chris, when looked at logically and rationally, you are correct. The problem is (at the risk of going Vulcan on you), humans for the most part are neither logical nor rational. They are generally emotional and prejudiced creatures. No amount of logic will eliminate emotion and prejudice. That being the case, why provoke those feelings (even if it is just in a small minority) when it is not necessary to do so? The logo of a car website - IMHO - does not NEED to use an image that some few will find offensive. Seems like common courtesy in that case to avoid it if possible. After all, if you have a friend who you know is terribly arachnophobic, you probably would think twice before inviting him over to see your new pet tarantula. So why use a club logo that some members find offensive?

I will admit here that I personally don't have a problem with it. But I am sensitive to those that do, and would probably not use it if I were the one making the decision.

That said - It's Mike's ballgame, and his decision is the one that counts.

Arne,

I'll get Vulcan with you for a moment. If we accept your original premis that we humans are neither rational nor logical then nothing would be appropriate for all, would it? And I have little objection to your emotion and prejudice observations. In this case, I thought some of the prejudiced comments were just going a little to far, the sort of prejudice that I'm growing very tired of hearing. I didn't appreciate the "ignorant" comment after responding to what I recognize as hypocrasy. Enough said. I have no need to start a stink; nothing vesting in Mike's graphic and no need to carry that flag either! (pun intended) Live long and prosper.