IGNORED

What makes a Z a Z? What modifacations go too far to be called a Z?

hls30.com

What Mods make you question whether a Car is still a Z?  

160 members have voted

1. 1. What Mods make you question whether a Car is still a Z?

• A non L series Engine
    • A non Z Engine
    • A Non Nissan Engine
    • Non Z ECM transplant
    • Non Z ECM
    • Harness Grafting
    • Too many Interior modifications
    • Too many Exterior Modifications
    • Any deviation from as the factory made it
    • ANy deviation from stock not covered by parts supercession

I know its wrong, but having seen one with this on the air cleaner once I feel obligated to share.............CHEB-Zee.

What are you smoking today 5th,,,,,,,,,,,,,there is some bad stuff in Baltimore be careful LOLLOL. FWIW do a little search/ history on the LS1 engine and you as a hands on guy might see the significance on that marvel of a motor :bulb:

Edited by 72 OJ

post-25833-14150820020599_thumb.jpg

In all fairness, it was on a Z28 big block RatRod, and I know all about the Vette motors. And I'm not smokin, I'm DRINKING!

Well ,we are getting there, see the connection ""Z 28'' ;)..................2.8 X two = almost 5.7 :laugh:

post-25833-14150820020063_thumb.jpg

post-25833-14150820020167_thumb.jpg

post-25833-14150820020466_thumb.jpg

Edited by 72 OJ

Uh, No.

I know why they put them in there, for overly challenged people-to make it easier for the engine to look cared about, and for those mechanically challenged(but not financially challenged) to be safer and feel better about popping the hood-a big sheet of logo'd plastic is certainly less intimidating than the engine one hides-do you get that-the cover hides the engine......so much going on under there to be confused about...oh my it gets hot too! It is a good thing to hide all of that and feel better that it looks so neat and tidy-ooohw!

I am just glad some engineer in some engine compartment meeting somewhere had a pair and channeled Mr. K and told that freaking stylist" if you have to put something like that on there it can't be the pink/purple tray from your favorite Barbie Tea Set-and so it was disguised...

I think that stylist got carried away-as some of you are... like Kevin Klien in In and Out This is for your own good guys...http://youtu.be/Si3WXZtJ5GY

Man up and Stop acting like you had to move that way to get to the toilet.

I'll run out and buy an Arielle Atom and be done with it...

Edited by hls30.com
too much confusion in pot, heat, and toilet...

[ATTACH=CONFIG]55683[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]55684[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]55685[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]55686[/ATTACH]

Well ,we are getting there, see the connection ""Z 28'' ;)..................2.8 X two = almost 5.7 :laugh:

It was a late 80" or early 90's Z28, not a real one like in your attachment.......... CHEB-ZEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE...WHOPEEE

In all fairness, it was on a Z28 big block RatRod, and I know all about the Vette motors. And I'm not smokin, I'm DRINKING!

You got your manly pass in post 277!

That clip always makes me bust out laughing! And to think "panty waste" married Phoebe Cates...

http://youtu.be/PqMIfeTc-CM

Edited by hls30.com

That's it? Nothing can follow Phoebe Cates Klein?

What about the L28E turbo engine? Does that give the 280Z Zness?

Like you should even be asking that question...L6 in a Z-Hmmmm...not to mention I the fact that my 240Z was going to have 2 swapable drivetrains, each installed on a fully loaded crossmember with quick disconect hoses so I could take out a dozen fasteners, lift up the front end and swap them out quickly-after the cross members were indexed to the car. One original, and one L28ET!

After Phoebe everything else was anticlimaxtic....according to Judge Rienhold...doesn't anyone ever knock anymore?

Edited by hls30.com

post-25833-14150820061561_thumb.jpg

It was a late 80" or early 90's Z28, not a real one like in your attachment.......... CHEB-ZEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE...WHOPEEE

5th.............you are a bit off, the LS1 has no relation to those mention engines other than the overall dimension, it is an all aluminium block , weight is only 380 lb and kicks a$$, 340RWHP and 365RWT. The L24 weight is 427 lb-150 rated hp, making this transplant very attractive , plus it gets 32 MPG HWY ;)

Edited by 72 OJ