IGNORED

What makes a Z a Z? What modifacations go too far to be called a Z?

hls30.com

What Mods make you question whether a Car is still a Z?  

160 members have voted

1. 1. What Mods make you question whether a Car is still a Z?

• A non L series Engine
    • A non Z Engine
    • A Non Nissan Engine
    • Non Z ECM transplant
    • Non Z ECM
    • Harness Grafting
    • Too many Interior modifications
    • Too many Exterior Modifications
    • Any deviation from as the factory made it
    • ANy deviation from stock not covered by parts supercession

As long as you are truly remorseful, actively seeking-and progressing toward a correct repair, and read Project X 240Z The Fated Z Plan in its entirety to every youngster you know below the age of 8-that way you will prove your seriousness!

post-4106-14150819932491_thumb.jpg

Sooooooooo, after 124 expressed opinions and responses, do we have an answer for "What makes a Z a Z? What modifacations go too far to be called a Z?"?

Dennis

Do you remember how the commercial ended after the Wise Owl licked the tootsie roll tootsie pop three times?

Just came to my attention that this lime Z(400hp) that appears on the opening page of the forum , was not mention on this thread, it is a well executed car with no regard to money, and the Z name was never ignore on the comments it generated .............that is all. Just a simple observation on my part. BTW aint she a pretty Z ;)

Edited by 72 OJ

Sooooooooo, after 124 expressed opinions and responses, do we have an answer for "What makes a Z a Z? What modifacations go too far to be called a Z?"?

Dennis

As I type this there have been 58 responses to the poll, with 123 total votes. Clearly, too many exterior changes is a big no-no with 43 or nearly 75% responding. 1/3 of respondents didn't like some type of an engine change, but as a category 62 (more then 100%) votes were cast against any engine change. Having the OEM engine is part of the Z experience.

You can think otherwise all you want, but you're just pissin' up a rope.

Gary, that is math manipulation, and that is OK. I ask......what is wrong in honoring this marvel of a car by updating it's drive train, today 150 hp and rear drums are obsolete none fun factors. I like old school but also welcome a well thought and well done update on a classic looking sports car. I invite you watch any of the Barrett Jackson Auctions or similar venues , there you can clearly see the moneys that are exchange on complete blue chip restorations, even exotics with modern guts. At times the so called modified brings more $ than its out of the box twin ;)

Edited by 72 OJ