IGNORED

L28 crank in my L24 engine. Compression too much?

Z-bras

too much compression?  

2 members have voted

1. 1. too much compression?

• shave the head some
    • Shave pistons some
    • shave the head and the pistons.
    • Use L24 crank stupid! ( in the nices way possible)

Hey Ya'll!! i just subscribed. One of my main reasons for this is because I'm new to the Z scene and am currently working on putting my original engine back in after rebuilding it. I would like to keep the block in the original shell. I thought of putting an L28 in it for power and i do have one,but decided to keep the L24 and make a what i think is a major mod.

I thought of using that L28 crank and boring the engine head because of how much the pistons stick out. wondering how much compression i would get. Anyone ever done this before or herd of anyone doing this? I'm afraid of getting too much compression :stupid:

p.s. I'm using the original 1973 E88.

Welcome to the Z world!

First off-there's probably nothing you could think of that hasn't been tried or done on this engines as far as combinations.

All you are doing here with this combo is basically making a L26 motor.

I would suggest that you search this site and Hybridz to see what's been done. You will be amazed of what's out there and you might be inspired or confused with the amount of info.

Not sure how you'd go about boring out a cylinder head either...
Or what good

1) shaving the head would do if you're looking for piston to head clearance or,

2) shaving the pistons would do, or,

3) shaving both would do.

Can't wrap my head around either of the last two.....

All you are doing here with this combo is basically making a L26 motor.
That would really only be true if you were also using the L26 rods and pistons along with the L28 crank (essentially the same as a L26 crank). Edited by sblake01