IGNORED

Your kids' favorite thing about your Z?

My two daughters are no longer kids, now grown adults with their own families. They constantly remind me of when they were little how they enjoyed laying on their backs in the luggage area, feet forward between the seats. At night they would watch the lights and stars thru the hatch glass. Memories!!!

Jim

Oh it wasn't bad. The fuel tank reinstall on Wednesday night, on the other hand... Oi.

Really? I couldn't get my hands near the clevis and the mounting bolts were a PITA. Don't know if my Z formerly being an automatic made it more difficult. I'll take a tank reinstall over that any day!

My two daughters are no longer kids, now grown adults with their own families. They constantly remind me of when they were little how they enjoyed laying on their backs in the luggage area, feet forward between the seats. At night they would watch the lights and stars thru the hatch glass. Memories!!!

Jim

Jim,

We did exactly the same thing when both my parents were in the seats! I remember watching the pine trees pass overhead on a drive home from the pool or some such.

Really? I couldn't get my hands near the clevis and the mounting bolts were a PITA. Don't know if my Z formerly being an automatic made it more difficult. I'll take a tank reinstall over that any day!

Nope, not hard at all. I removed the windshield washer reservoir, which really helped. Socket extension for the bottom nut, and a ratcheting box end wrench for the top one. Flare nut wrench for the hardline. Removed the pedal spring, ran the (greased-up) pin through the clevis, attached the cotter, and replaced the spring. Done.

The tank, on the other hand... Threading all the evap hoses up through the trunk floor, trying to keep them from getting twisted while fishing around up under the valence for the strap attachment points... Not fun.

Nope, not hard at all. I removed the windshield washer reservoir, which really helped. Socket extension for the bottom nut, and a ratcheting box end wrench for the top one. Flare nut wrench for the hardline. Removed the pedal spring, ran the (greased-up) pin through the clevis, attached the cotter, and replaced the spring. Done.

The tank, on the other hand... Threading all the evap hoses up through the trunk floor, trying to keep them from getting twisted while fishing around up under the valence for the strap attachment points... Not fun.

I did the same, but had to remove and install the clevis along with the cotter with long, needle-nose pliers. Talk about not fun! The tank on the other hand was not bad. Drop it, attach hoses, run hoses, raise tank. At least my hands fit better in that case!

I digress...