IGNORED

Your kids' favorite thing about your Z?

My two kids (boy, 8, and girl, 4) seriously cannot get enough of:

A. The inspection panels next to the hood, and

B. The sliding ashtray door in the center console.

Something about "secret compartments" and little doors just fascinates them, I guess...

:)

The looks, the sounds, and the fact that he can sit up front in his booster seat. He is 5. He also likes that he can crank the window up and down with his foot, while strapped in. He also loves that he can reach the sun visor and use the vanity mirror I have, to see behind us. I don't think I've ever shown him the secret compartments. He will love those.

071520112179-XL.jpg

Edited by cygnusx1

My son was telling me today as we were building my latest z project that his fav. part of the 260 he grew up in was the hood opening up backwards. Now here we are years later and soon enough he will be rebuilding and driving the car he has enjoyed as a kid for himself.

I'll be the kid. The dead pedal was my first favorite thing. Every car I'd had before had the high beam button there. Remember them? It was so cool to have a sturdy platform for your foot, I thought 'how ingenious'.

The second was the inspection 'light on a wire'. Pop's Buicks had under hool lights that came on when opened, but not one on a wire that could stretch ANY where under the hood. Another one of those 'how ingenious'.

The space under the ashtray reveiled a lighter, pipe and a bag of very good weed. :) (1977)

Bonzi Lon

My son was telling me today as we were building my latest z project that his fav. part of the 260 he grew up in was the hood opening up backwards. Now here we are years later and soon enough he will be rebuilding and driving the car he has enjoyed as a kid for himself.

Growing up with my 240 (my dad was the original owner), I remember thinking the same thing about the hood! It was so "exotic" compared to all the other hoods...

Also the sugar scoop headlights. I distinctly remember being young enough that they were at my height, and running my hand along the curve.

The second was the inspection 'light on a wire'. Pop's Buicks had under hood lights that came on when opened, but not one on a wire that could stretch ANY where under the hood. Another one of those 'how ingenious'.

Mine is long gone. I wonder if it was nicked, broke, or just was an option? I'll have to ask Dad about that one.

My kids (10,10 and 12) love being my pit crew at the race track. They torque lug nuts, help me get belted in, record every lap with a stop watch and they cheer as I work my way by the Porches and BMW's. When the twins were younger I used rides in my 91 twin turbo 300ZX as a potty training reward. Worked like a charm!

post-21670-14150818882896_thumb.jpg This picture was last year shortly after I bought it. (Maybe even the same day?) My little girl is 3, and she thinks riding next to me instead of the backseat of everything else is just great. She asked "What does that say?" on the dash one day. I told her Datsun, and she has not forgot it. Mostly it is "Daddy's cool car" though. She takes interest in thing under the hood. She likes the music turned up loud. She says my "new" polished 280zx wheels are "beautiful". Edited by Ben's Z

Great picture! She and my little girl could be friends! Mine loves to just putter around whenever I'm working on the Z, picking up my tools, asking me what random things are. Funny thing; my son doesn't express near as much interest in the nitty-gritty as she does, but he's captivated by the idea of me driving him to school in "Daddy's Z-car" (it hasn't been drivable since I've had it at out house these past 6 months). That and he sat quite contentedly in the passenger seat before migrating to the trunk area last night, reading his book, while I installed a new clutch master cylinder.

Love it.

Great picture! She and my little girl could be friends! Mine loves to just putter around whenever I'm working on the Z, picking up my tools, asking me what random things are. Funny thing; my son doesn't express near as much interest in the nitty-gritty as she does, but he's captivated by the idea of me driving him to school in "Daddy's Z-car" (it hasn't been drivable since I've had it at out house these past 6 months). That and he sat quite contentedly in the passenger seat before migrating to the trunk area last night, reading his book, while I installed a new clutch master cylinder.

Love it.

Nice! I wouldn't want any kids around when doing the clutch master though. Some choice words may slip out... LOL