IGNORED

Just picked up 15793 12/70 yesterday.

zwhore

Hey, that's the closest vin I've seen to my #15721 ,also blue on blue! Glad to see another early Zed in caring hands!

What's the name of your band?

Mark

the fresh topping. its a parody thing. crude some would say. def nsfw or kids. we have a widget on facebook so you can listen,laugh and possibly be disgusted. its not for everyone. in fact, i'll bet i will be the only one who finds it funny here. its more for younger, corrupt minds.

and are you sure on the seats? i will say out of over 100 1st gens, this is my first blue interior.(well,nice one anyway) i know the carpet is og, all the plastic and vinyl too. i'll have the seats out tomorrow.

im thinking i may just freshen it up body wise with a paint, new emblems and rubber. it runs good. with a new clutch,brakes and tires it can be driven. with a restore most dont drive them.

it really looks like a used car from 1980. all the wiring is intact save for 2 connectors, one at the coil and one at the temp sender. crazy.

i hate points. i hate carbs.

i will start a build thread somewhere soon. or a freshen up thread i guess.

Great find! The blue/blue 240Z is the rarest color combo made. My research came up with 5 known blue/blue combo's in the first 4000 VIN's. (I owned HLS30-00110, blue/blue for a while.) The seats should be all blue with the 4 stainless vent holes. Keeping costs down, you might try buffing & polishing, paint is not cheap, if it is, it will look like it.

Bonzi Lon

Very nice find! Glad YOU rescued it!

I think the ants like anti-freeze and shelter---the black widows like ants!

Be careful with the spiders---they make for very nasty bites.

Please document the car with close up photos as an aid to original conditions.

If you are fairly certain that the carpet and pad are original please make patterns of them.

Does the carpet have serge edged cut-outs for the driver and passenger sides?

Does the carpet have the spring clip carpet holders?

I am very interested in your findings as I have a 7/70 that I am trying to do justice to.

Congrats again!

Jim D.

"Zup"

the blue blue is the rarest huh?

maybe ill try harder to keep it. :)

i forgot about the 240z seats being all vinyl with a 4 buttons. (im old and smoke too much)

but im 99% sure the carpet is og.

i will charge up the camera and start a build thread later on.

and dont worry about the spiders. i have a system.

spray adhesive.

i love watching them die over a week or two.

good times.

this is currently my only z, but ive had over 130z's of all years.

here a couple of my favorite. at least the ones i have pics of. most of my pics are printed on this strange paperish material. weird.

enjoy

p1000821wy9.th.jpg

dscn0160be3.th.jpg

p1000667va2.th.jpg

dscn0484ln8.th.jpg

dscn0228mq0.th.jpg

dscn0899dv7.th.jpg

dscn0909ng0.th.jpg

p1000711ju5.th.jpg

im0004840001fz6.th.jpg

dscn1437cj7.th.jpg

p1020044qc6.th.jpg

p1060736.th.jpg

p1060606.th.jpg

p1070658k.th.jpg

I got a 71 that I saved from hot rodder death. It is a blue on blue as well. The problem with mine is that the PO painted the blue, black. I can get all the blue from Classic Datsun Racing but not sure if it is worth the money to do it. Les gave me some old blue parts that are servicable but I would have to buy blue diamond vinyl and seat covers to complete the interior. Leaning towards leaving it black. Good luck with you car.

Nice Thread.

Looks like a good place for my 'blue' question. I'm doing a complete restore of a 5/71. I'd really like to do the light blue interior, but the interior panels I have are black. Does anyone have experience in dying or otherwise coloring interior panels?

FYI, I bought a Series one new in '71. It was white with the light blue interior.

Thanks for any help you can offer.

Len

Nice Thread.

Looks like a good place for my 'blue' question. I'm doing a complete restore of a 5/71. I'd really like to do the light blue interior, but the interior panels I have are black. Does anyone have experience in dying or otherwise coloring interior panels?

FYI, I bought a Series one new in '71. It was white with the light blue interior.

Thanks for any help you can offer.

Len

Len, I am not sure if Blue interior talk might be a hi-jacking of the thread or not, having said that; SEM vinyl paint might be the way to go for budget reasons. I would however buy all the new vinyl and plastic parts from Les at Classic Datsun Racing. I was there the other day and saw a beautiful set of newly completed blue seats, they were sweet. For Zwhore, you might need the blue seat covers for your car, the ones with the air vents.