IGNORED

What Electric Fuel Pump upgrade???

bluezcrazy

On 11/25/2019 at 7:28 PM, Mark Maras said:

The clamps you're using will work fine although they're not as good as the F.I. rated clamps. Looking at the pics, I don't think the problem was the clamps it likely the hose. Cliff (Siteunseen) mentioned in another thread, (on the same subject) that the line you're using isn't rated for gasoline, although I haven't verified that. I trust Cliff. Replace all the flexible fuel lines with the proper hose and reroute the new hose so it doesn't touch or rub on any bodywork. Pics when you get it done. 

Just did the plumbing 2 days ago replacing the in and out 5/16 hoses and clamps with Gates branded fuel hoses.  I have attached pics for reference.  While i was there i was thinking if it was also worth replacing the complete electric pump harness that comes from under the fuse box. Is it really worth the effort?

20191209_122306.jpg

20191209_140212.jpg

3 hours ago, jalexquijano said:

Just did the plumbing 2 days ago replacing the in and out 5/16 hoses and clamps with Gates branded fuel hoses.  I have attached pics for reference.  While i was there i was thinking if it was also worth replacing the complete electric pump harness that comes from under the fuse box. Is it really worth the effort?

20191209_122306.jpg

20191209_140212.jpg

Looking much better. Are any of the hoses touching the bodywork? I can't tell looking at the pics. If you've inspected the fuel pump wire insulation, it looks undamaged and there's no green patina on the wire ends, I'd leave it alone. It's always a good idea to keep the wire connections clean.