Need advice on this 71 Z - Page 2 - Open Discussions - Classic Z Car Club Skip to content

Need advice on this 71 Z

Featured Replies

I see that the blue Z with the Rebello is gone/sold.......Is it in your driveway/garage?
My grapevine says yes...
  • Author
My grapevine says yes...

Your grapevine is indeed accurate. The blue.Z is quietly sleeping in the garage after a smooth 200 mile journey from Cali to Vegas. It was great to finally meet the owner and of course, the car. Thanks so much again to all the advice and support. More details to follow.....

  • Author

Yes it is fast, yes it is loud,yes the ride is quite harsh; but I was quickly reminded why I pursued this Z.... It is a pure sports car in every sense of the word, and the lines are still gorgeous after all these years. I could go on describing more of the car's attributes, most of which the community is so familiar with, but the quality time spent with my teen son on the drive home was definitely priceless....

Congratulations on the purchase. Owning a Rebello Z myself, I have to say it is definitely an awesome experience. I hope you enjoy it for many years to come :)

gaZdoc, just curious, what are those regular intervals Dave told you?

S
Sponsored
Advertisement
Go Ad-Free
No ad showing? Ads help support ClassicZcars. If you use an ad blocker, please consider allowing ads on this site or Go Ad-Free.

Congrats, my cheque (yes, I'm Canadian and that's how we spell it) book thanks you.

gaZdoc,

I think I know that car and the owner, Lance, well. I almost purchased it before he did in San Diego. He kept it original for a while and then dropped in the rebello motor. The paint was all original when he bought it except the drivers door that had a repaint, but didn't look bad at all. I think it has a dash cap now, but when Lance bought it, the dash had no cracks. Within a couple of months of his purchase he was going over some railroad tracks and "Crack!"

Anyway, you got a good one from a great owner that did the right things to his cars and kept them up nicely. Enjoy the Ride!

  • Author
Pics or I will throw poo at you!

here's a few on it's Strip debut yesterday morning..... Enjoy!

post-25885-14150817373347_thumb.jpg

post-25885-14150817373932_thumb.jpg

post-25885-14150817374512_thumb.jpg

post-25885-14150817374908_thumb.jpg

Yes it is fast, yes it is loud,yes the ride is quite harsh; but I was quickly reminded why I pursued this Z.... It is a pure sports car in every sense of the word, and the lines are still gorgeous after all these years. I could go on describing more of the car's attributes, most of which the community is so familiar with, but the quality time spent with my teen son on the drive home was definitely priceless....

Thats what I want to hear Virgil, I tried to get my son into Z's...after 2 weeks of working on that 73 Z I bought for 700 bucks he said the dreaded words: Dad, I really want a Honda...sigh... You could put a resonator in the exhaust, that would tone down the sound a bit..

Create an account or sign in to comment

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.