Need advice on this 71 Z - Page 3 - Open Discussions - Classic Z Car Club Skip to content

Need advice on this 71 Z

Featured Replies

Jack, you did a real nice job on the car. These cars are made to enjoy and it looks like it went to a good home where it will be enjoyed.

  • Author
gaZdoc, just curious, what are those regular intervals Dave told you?

He said tuning once a year for regularly/lightly driven cars, and 2 to 3 times yearly for those driven "hard". I suppose other factors come into play such as track use and appearance of worrisome symptoms, but he was giving me a general recommendation. I may have to PM you about your personal experiences with your Rebello. Thanks for the welcome.

Thanks for passing along the details on the valve adjustment intervals! I've had a 3.1 Rebello in my early '74 260Z for the past two years. Very reliable and tuning hasn't been difficult.. You'll love it over the long haul as well!!

Sounds like I'm a bit behind in the valve adjustments though.... Will get right on that!!

  • Author
Thanks for passing along the details on the valve adjustment intervals! I've had a 3.1 Rebello in my early '74 260Z for the past two years. Very reliable and tuning hasn't been difficult.. You'll love it over the long haul as well!!

Sounds like I'm a bit behind in the valve adjustments though.... Will get right on that!!

Thanks for "gently" re-directing my 'tuning' reference to the proper 'valve adjustment' interval. I am still in the learning process with regards to the Z. It's been fun and frustrating at the same time, something you have probably been experiencing during your "refreshtoration"! Btw, I did my undergrad at U of O, where I had an '80 280ZX.

Create an account or sign in to comment

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.