IGNORED

78 280Z pass side mirror? Cannot find any!

ZSaint

Personally, I think the later zx mirrors look pretty good, especially with the 280z's larger bumpers. Since they share the same square shape as the 280z bumpers, it doesn't upset the lines of the car as it does on the earlier small bumpers.

rrotd_122006_04.jpg

rrotd_122006_01.jpg

[

Sblake, that Datsunparts is a different guy (I think he is Datsunparts LLC and is out your way). The guy I'm talking about sells roadster parts out my way. He sources OEM and aftermarket parts-some of which are for the Z
The guy I'm talking about, Al Allen, is based in Rancho Cucamonga, Ca. You're talking about Dean in Northridge who is a stand up guy. I bought some stuff for my roadster from him back when he had just opened his shop. I had forgotten about the similarity of the two business names. Edited by sblake01

Arne:Thanks for the info. These Californian mirrors require new screw holes. That is the only downside I see to this mirror.

I need to put a Pass mirror on this car. I like the OEM mirror. Someone mentioned a Pass side mirror that someone had developed to match the original. I can go back and look... But, does anyone remember who the supplier is?

Edited by ZSaint

http://www.datsunparts.com/search.cgi

Item 2323 in the search box when you scroll down the page. Both right and left are flat. The convex version referenced on that same page is not happening. If you want a convex one for the passenger's side you'll need to take one off a car at the wrecking yard, cut it to size and stick it on top of the flat mirror.

Edited by tlorber

I did not realize that they made a stock mirror for the early Z's. They get a pretty price for these mirrors, $252! I paid $69 for a new mirror when I did the restoration. I guess they are paying for their R&D. Wish I could just buy the RHS mirror!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks for the tip Powderkeg. I looked on ebay and found a set in Thailand for $39.95 delivered to my door. They sa y 30 days delivery. Sheeesh, they must be rowing one over! These are nicely shaped mirrors that use 2 screws to attach. I will post a pic when I get them installed. Backing into my garage a couple of times a day is difficult w/o a RHS mirror. Row, row, row your boat....