IGNORED

78 280Z pass side mirror? Cannot find any!

ZSaint

I am slowly getting this Z up and running. I have one stock dr side mirror and really need the pass-side matching mirror. This is a simple mirror w/o remote. I just want one like it for the pass side.

I know you need to remove the door panel to remove a 240Z mirror... What about the 280Z? What is the process for removal and replacement?

There is no stock passenger side 280Z mirror; that is, one the matches the stock drivers side mirror. We've been over that a few times over the years. I even had the idea of trading with someone in a RHD country but they use a different style of stock mirror.

I thought Nissan had put both mirrors on by '78. I knew the early Z's did not have the P-side mirrors but thought they had installed them after 8 years! Sheesh!

How do these mirrors mount? Should I get a set of "after market mirrors"? How about the ZX mirrors... Do they work on a '78?

The guy at Datsunparts.com is having duplicates of the originals made for the right side. These will, however be flat and not convex. You can take a slightly convex mirror from the wrecking yard, cut it to shape and silicone it to the flat mirror. This gives you a vintage look with the functionality of a modern mirror.

Black pearl came with passenger side mirror.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]49840[/ATTACH]

Only if the dealer installed the SAP (Sport Appearance Package). I've seen BPs with the normal mirror and no louvers. And even then, the dual mirrors in the SAP were not the same as the normal left mirror. You'd have to replace them both. Edited by Arne

I looked at Motorsports Auto Z store. They have a set of "Californian Side Mirrors" for 99.95. Looks like they bolt/screw in like the driverside stock mirror. Anyone used a set of these? How do you rate them?

Remember, ZSaint is talking about a 280Z (actually 260Z-280Z) not a 240Z mirror. That being said, I wouldn't buy anything from Datsunparts.com but that's a whole 'nother story........

What have you found with Datsunparts? Fill me in, please.