IGNORED

Going triples....

Pleadingbark

picking up some triple webers this up coming weekend, but I've got a couple questions, first off what do I do with the coolant line for the carbs that runs behind the head? Also what about the line that connects to where the thermostat is? Do I use the stock choke cables and just add a third? Is there a walk through anywhere on here or elsewhere or instructions that shows you what your supposed to hook up where? It comes with everything, but just trying to read up before I get them.

I said not required. They're there if you want to use them, though. I haven't found it necessary. Half a dozen stabs at the gas pedal after sitting for a week and I'm off and running. If having sat for just overnight, two stabs are all that's needed.

Remove and cap off water lines going to the SU's. Choke's are not used, either remove or hide the cables. Be prepared to tune, tune, and tune those carbs. Get a sync meter, timing light and a good book to guide you. I have found there is no one tune that works for everyone. There are as many tunes as there are guys running triples.

My understanding is that one should run the hose from the back of the head to the thermostat housing for best circulation when the head is getting hot but the thermostat has not opened.

This is a big issue for some people. Everyone that I know who runs triples has these blocked off, but there are several threads on hybridz which talk about how your motor will instantly melt into an aluminum/steel puddle as soon as you fire it up with the lines capped. Well, maybe that's a slight exaggeration. Still, it hasn't been a problem in my experience with an L28 pushing out ~240ish whp, but it is an area of contention.

I ran my fuel system dead-headed, with no return line. If you do this, make sure you CAP THE RETURN LINE. When I first put the triples on I forgot and went to the track and realized after the first session that there was a lot of gas in the engine compartment. Under braking the gas was just pouring out of the return. Not good.