IGNORED

It's been a while

DatsunZsRule

Hello all,

Just to let those that I know well on here that I had a guy down in Indiana buy my Z this weekend and is going to come up on the 18th to drive her home. I have such mixed emotions over it as I'm going to be so sad to let it go but it will be nice to get my current daily driver all paid off, and no longer have to be billed every month for the storage garage. As much as I love my Z so much and as much as I'm attached to it, It just doesn't make sence to try and hang onto it and see it sitting so much. I just recently got hired on at a new job which has taken up lots of my extra time that I used to have and it's been very tough to find much time for it and it's pretty much sat the majority of this summer season. It bothers me to see it held up in the garage so much sitting. It makes me feel good as the guy buying it had a 1978 280Z new back in the day and is just as much of a Z nut as I am and is looking forward to having much fun with it in the next upcoming spring/summer.

I hope (god willing) that later on down the road that when things settle down that I will have the extra time and funds again to get another one later again and get back into it.:)

Anyway just thought I'd share the news with everyone here that I've gotten to know well on here over the yrs. I sure have had a blast with this 280Z and will never forget it. I'll always have a strong love for these cars :)

Take care all,

DatsunZsRule

Edited by DatsunZsRule

Hey ZRule,

That is the beauty about the car hobby. There are always other cars! I come in and out of different cars and while it is always sad when I sell a car that I put so much time into, it opens another door in the future, when the time is right.

Thanks guys for the nice replies. I'll for sure try harder to keep in touch. I'm sure I will with the long boring winter approaching :)

Healey Z,

what you said makes me feel a lot better as that is so true. :)

Steve, if you do see her roaming the roads in your neck of the woods, please let me know :) I can't remember which town in Indiana. He told me, but I forgot. I'll have to ask him the next time I talk to him.

Jared

Jared -

I can relate - I just sold my 1929 Ford Model A Roadster last week - I've had Model A's now for 6 or 7 years and have really loved the era of that car. I sold my original 1929 tool display as well as extra parts and pieces. The gentleman that purchased the car drove from Ohio to NC last Saturday and spent 6 hours with me as I gave him a tutorial on tuning and walked him around the car so he would know what I have done to it.

Sometimes it's tough to let one go but if the next steward has as much passion and caring for the car as you or I did then it will be in good hands!

post-14147-14150816853712_thumb.jpg

"Sometimes it's tough to let one go but if the next steward has as much passion and caring for the car as you or I did then it will be in good hands!"

Your right on that. Thats what I keep telling myself :) Glad to hear you also found a good buyer for your 1929 Ford Model A Roadster.

It's been over 2½ years since I sold my Datsuns. I'm happy with the vehicles I have now, you know, one door closes; another one opens. Totally different direction, however. 64 Grand Prix, 84 Corvette C4, and a 05 Pontiac GTO along with my DD 90 Ford Ranger. Don't know if I'll own another Datsun. The 'right one' would have to present itself. I still miss the ones I most recently owed and really only know the whereabouts of the old red 64 L320 as I've lost track of the 280Z and 810. In fact, the 810 went to the Middle East. The guy seem to take good care of the truck. Things have changed, my interest in vehicles (obviously!), this site since the format change and the influx of ZCar.com people and I don't see as many of the 'old timers' here. I don't spend as much time here as I used to but I'm still here now and then. It's a hard habit to break......

Hey there Stephen,

Good hearing from you again. Yep, I too have not been on this site as much as I used to. Just come to lurk once in a while. :) I would like to get more active on here again if I can get the extra time again.

As for me, It's not really that my interest have changed really. I will always have a love for the classic Datsun Z Cars. I can't explain it but there is just something about them that is just awesome. They were so ahead of there time and the awesome design can't be beat even today IMO. and they are just such a blast to drive and pretty easy to work on once you learn them well and the great thing about them is that they are more different than most other cars that you see so many of. Especially up here in MN. I'd have people just starring and drooling out there car windows at me when they would see me on the road with it and my favorite is when I'd stop at gas stations and the yunger ones would come up to me and say "WOW that is one sweet ride. What kind of car is that??? LOL The Classic Z is the only vehicle I've owned that gets attention like that and as the commercial states "IT IS AWESOME" ;)

Reason for my very hard decision to sell is because of what I mentioned above and I just hope I can enjoy it again at some point and be able to get another one once things calm down and I have the extra time and money to spend on the hobby again. I have no control over what the future may bring but thats what I'm hoping for anyways.

Take care Stephen. Glad to hear that all is well.

Edited by DatsunZsRule