IGNORED

HLS30-00854 on Craigslist

moonpup

Going through a post on 127 and found this that may interest some:

Re: reviving 127

« Reply #18 on: 2006-10-15, 11:46:14 »

Thought I'd join in. While restoring #48, I actually met an ex Nissan (Datsun) plant worker who moved to Canada years ago and was living in Victoria at the time. He was on the floor in the early seventies and confirmed the stories on how cars that were noted to have a defect would get pushed aside for rectification at a later date. There were no sophisticated tracking system in place to later find out what happened to a certain car either. The late sixties/early seventies were extremely hectic as he recalled and said the priority was getting cars out the door to the waiting masses in NA.

I believe mine was almost completely assembled when it was put aside for a few months as it has all the early features of a '69 car as well as a block number that puts it in line with the other cars produced in late Oct early Nov. Another club member from out West also had an anomaly model with VIN #300 and a production date of 02/70, go figure!

Going through a post on 127 and found this that may interest some:

Re: reviving 127

« Reply #18 on: 2006-10-15, 11:46:14 »

I believe mine was almost completely assembled when it was put aside for a few months as it has all the early features of a '69 car as well as a block number that puts it in line with the other cars produced in late Oct early Nov. Another club member from out West also had an anomaly model with VIN #300 and a production date of 02/70, go figure!

Yeah mine is # 538 , with 01/70 as a production date. Shenanigans , eh ?

I think the car has great potential, especially since it looks to be pretty original. I've restored different types of cars before, some all original, and others that didn't survive the 80s styling and "modifications." IMHO, I would take a little rusty, early VIN#, and original 240z over one that has been repainted, halfway torn apart, and/or an automatic any day. Even if the car wasn't salvageable, I see several good and rare parts on it that could make some profit for someone with patience. Thanks moonpup for digging this one out for us, I love seeing these old barn finds. Hopefully someone will snatch it up and bring it back to life.

Chase